Register free!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If it were not for TURFCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
Larry we always appreciate your comments. As a long term user of the T3000 you have valuable insite on how to improve the machine. Sadly we cannot improve as fast as we would like to see the machine evolve. But, evolve and get better it is and will continue to do so. Thank you for your contunued support and comments, like I said we welcome them so keep them coming. I am constantly impressed with the do-it-yourself modifications I see owners doing to their machines and wish we could offer them all. But, our decision is still to offer the best machine for the industry that we can deliver. Easy to work on, simple to operate, productive and precise.
Back in the fall of '07, my business changed forever. If it were not for the T3000, we would not be where we are today. Our Permagreens were unsatisfactory, and Z-Sprays were not a good fit for us.

I thank all manufacturers, but the one who has enabled us to "stay on top" is TURFCO. If I had to get rid of our T's, I would "close our doors". serious

Personal note: I consider turfcobob the best friend I have ever run across regarding the welfare of my business, my employees, and my customers.

Then there's the A-Team members -- as well as dozens of other T owners I have had the pleasure to meet. It has truly been a blessing in my life.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just stepped over to the office to check current production numbers for 2013. My T-Men brought in over 74% of our total income. One of my T-Guys is currently at $185,000. One man. One machine. One gallon of gas per day. Who can beat this??? Anybody??

BTW -- our T's are not new ones. They are 4 or 5 years old, but we (easily) maintain them. No electric start or spare tanks or booms, etc. either.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Close your doors if you had to get rid of your T's Larry?

Come on buddy...I love ur passion for the machine and Turfco but I Would never let the fate of one of my suppliers control my fate.

If the GL and Z wasn't available I would use T's or whatever it takes to get the job done.

I think ride ons are the key to getting a lot done and think its the best way to go. I do like some machines better then others but at the end of the day I would use any machine that would get the job done before I would close my doors.

Just say n

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
I just stepped over to the office to check current production numbers for 2013. My T-Men brought in over 74% of our total income. One of my T-Guys is currently at $185,000. One man. One machine. One gallon of gas per day. Who can beat this??? Anybody??

BTW -- our T's are not new ones. They are 4 or 5 years old, but we (easily) maintain them. No electric start or spare tanks or booms, etc. either.
Lol average year for a ride-on
Old 11-24-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

"Drama Queen"

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
One of my T-Guys is currently at $185,000. One man. One machine. One gallon of gas per day. Who can beat this??? Anybody??
4 or 5 day work week? If its a 5 day work week, meh, no biggie.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Hi Bob hows it going I think you guys have a great Mechine and no one is perfect and guys like me will always do modifications just because

Charles Cue
I know what you mean. We do the same thing with our Motorcycles. Add this add that and keep tweaking. I have a Goldwing Trike and super machine incredable engineering but I still have to change it to my likes. I think we all do that, just look at a guys pickup and out here in AZ it is Golf cars. I am always getting a kick out of what guys do to their rides. So go at it my friend modify away it just makes them better and custom to your likes.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
I know what you mean. We do the same thing with our Motorcycles. Add this add that and keep tweaking. I have a Goldwing Trike and super machine incredable engineering but I still have to change it to my likes. I think we all do that, just look at a guys pickup and out here in AZ it is Golf cars. I am always getting a kick out of what guys do to their rides. So go at it my friend modify away it just makes them better and custom to your likes.
I just wanted to add that if I hade a employee doing this I wouldn't change a thing because they work great the way they are. But by myself I do all kinds of spraying and if I can do it on a ride on all the better

Charles Cue