Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-02-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got the 2011+ HD 20" wheels on. I was sent the wrong adapters twice and finally got the correct ones the 3rd time.

Dirty:

Washed up:
Old 12-02-2013, 03:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now that is sexy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! It's pretty sharp looking for a winter setup IMO Better than the stock 16's
Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got the interior in for the most part:

Recovered the headliner. Rewired the overhead light into the overhead console, modified the liner for tahoe z71 visors. Mounted the autoclimate sensor too. Had to rewire some of the wiring harness from the Suburban I got the leather interior out of to work with the Duramax. Had to add High Speed GM LAN wires and the wait to start wire from the cluster. Then the C100 plug and a few others had to get pins moved around too.

Also traded in the T770 I use for a new one. The old one had 1200 hours on it and needed sprockets and pins and bushings from the boulders. Original tracks still had a good 400-600 hours left in them though.

I washed up the new one and waxed it. The other guy's T770 got some loving too. Spent 6 hours between the two getting all the grease off the one with 200 hours on it. Nothing wrong with over greasing but it makes a pain to clean.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Machine looks good all polished up. What type of wax did you use?

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 12-22-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Machine looks good all polished up. What type of wax did you use?
Just used the spray wax I use on my trucks inbetween when I hand wax them. I wanted to put something on them in the meantime. Want to find something that will offer better protection with the machines sitting out all year round and make it easier to clean grease off. Also would be nice when it rains and the water sheds off a lot of dust/dirt.

Haven't found a wax yet but I'm thinking I'll put a sealer over it as well. Last time I waxed and sealed my crew cab it lasted all summer and was still sheeting water off really well.

We're working on a site with a company that waxes all 11 of their D6's, 10 CTLS, large excavators and site trucks. They have a Cat 349e with 2000 hours on it and it doesn't have a scratch on it and it blinds you when the sun hits it.

I caught the bug now and the DX180 is getting a full detail when it comes back from a site where we are loading out excess fill for the winter.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.. I have to ask, though, how do you find energy and time to take on a project like the truck and have it turn out so pretty?

I feel like a lazy man after reading your posts. Good work!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 12-23-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck looks awesome, to nice to use as a work truck. Lol
Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Very nice.. I have to ask, though, how do you find energy and time to take on a project like the truck and have it turn out so pretty?

I feel like a lazy man after reading your posts. Good work!
Down time in the winter, don't have any kids yet and I'm not married lol....I take about a week or two off to relax from working then get bored and need a project or something to tinker with. To be fair it all wasn't done at once, got the truck last December around this time and it's just getting to where it is a year later. I had a lot of help from my Girlfriend's Dad since he owns an autobody shop and loved my idea for the project. I did what I could then when I fell short he would help with bodywork and paint which I haven't exactly come close to mastering yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2 Lawncare View Post
Truck looks awesome, to nice to use as a work truck. Lol
Not too nice perfect work truck for me since I don't need a Crew or extended cab.....it's a nice little pickup though and I've been dreaming about building a RCSB Duramax since I was probably 17.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still have been working away at the truck. Got the interior plastics sanded today ready for primer and 400 grit wet then paint.

Took delivery of the DX235LCR. I washed it, sealed the paint, waxed it, had it tinted with 15% all the way around.

Got a 30 DC series on the excavator. And mounted 2 42w floods on the boom. Wired it into the factory switches. Its REAL bright.

Have to do the DX85, DX180 and the T770 I use yet.

Just the floods

And this one because the windows look spray painted black and I thought it was cool.

Posted via Mobile Device