Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

One of the things people need to consider when arguing gun controll with most people is that the majority of the population doesn't have an appropriate mindset for survival. Some of them can be reasoned with but most can not, most people can not accept that their safety is their own responsibility, not someone else's. We have created a society that caters to the weak. I don't argue gun controll with anybody, if you don't get it you don't get it and I don't really care, maybe you'll become a victim, probably not, but either way I don't really care as what happens to yourself and your family because of your own misguided beliefs doesn't affect me or my family.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Maybe I can ask this question. God forbid, your family come siege to a criminal, is your intent with that firearm to do something other than shot the criminal? I do not know about you, but I indeed intend to kill anyone that is an immediate threat to my family, before my family member gets murdered.
Posted via Mobile Device
Listen, you said "I bought a gun to kill" and I'm saying...unless of course you are admitting to premeditated murder...that you bought a gun so that you COULD use that gun to kill if a situation presents itself where you need to kill someone or something.

At the moment you bought your gun, did you have an immediate need to kill someone or something? If "no", then you bought that gun so that you would have a gun available to you that you COULD use to kill someone or something if the need to kill were to present itself.

Now, to answer your question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
God forbid, your family come siege to a criminal, is your intent with that firearm to do something other than shot the criminal?
You are going from your intent at the moment you purchased your gun (your statement "I bought a gun to kill") directly to what my intent would be with a firearm in my possession while I was faced with an immediate threat of loss of life. Those two situations do not even compare and only strengthens my argument. Thank you for finally understanding what I have been writing.

So to answer your question, if I were to get to the point where a criminal forced me to be in a life or death situation and I had a loaded firearm my intentions would be to use any means necessary to put a stop to any threat to my life or my family's lives. If I had used that firearm to kill, I would then be thankful that I had purchased that firearm so that it was available to me during this attack so that I COULD use it to kill the criminal who was at that moment attempting to murder me and/or my family.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I truthfully cannot understand why a debate on this thread or gun control is even going on.
1) it is our right under our constitution.

Enough said.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
I truthfully cannot understand why a debate on this thread or gun control is even going on.

Enough said.
Posted via Mobile Device
And it has nothing to do with business management. This thread belongs under the Pesticide forum.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
One of the things people need to consider when arguing gun controll with most people is that the majority of the population doesn't have an appropriate mindset for survival. Some of them can be reasoned with but most can not, most people can not accept that their safety is their own responsibility, not someone else's. We have created a society that caters to the weak. I don't argue gun controll with anybody, if you don't get it you don't get it and I don't really care, maybe you'll become a victim, probably not, but either way I don't really care as what happens to yourself and your family because of your own misguided beliefs doesn't affect me or my family.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well said.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
Listen, you said "I bought a gun to kill" and I'm saying...unless of course you are admitting to premeditated murder...that you bought a gun so that you COULD use that gun to kill if a situation presents itself where you need to kill someone or something.

At the moment you bought your gun, did you have an immediate need to kill someone or something? If "no", then you bought that gun so that you would have a gun available to you that you COULD use to kill someone or something if the need to kill were to present itself.

Now, to answer your question:

You are going from your intent at the moment you purchased your gun (your statement "I bought a gun to kill") directly to what my intent would be with a firearm in my possession while I was faced with an immediate threat of loss of life. Those two situations do not even compare and only strengthens my argument. Thank you for finally understanding what I have been writing.

So to answer your question, if I were to get to the point where a criminal forced me to be in a life or death situation and I had a loaded firearm my intentions would be to use any means necessary to put a stop to any threat to my life or my family's lives. If I had used that firearm to kill, I would then be thankful that I had purchased that firearm so that it was available to me during this attack so that I COULD use it to kill the criminal who was at that moment attempting to murder me and/or my family.
I guess the reason that I am ignoring you point is that I get defensive when people insinuate that I bought a firearm for murder. Its preposterous. Iv never been vibrant against another human being even when I had reason to. From my perspective it is absurd and illogical to purchase a firearm for that kind of reason, so when someone says something that illogical I guess I don't know how to respond. As the other guy said, you can't make sense out of an illogical statement. But you are correct on intent being the determining factor on someone's character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
And then you have piers Morgan, an internet troll who makes his living being anti gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post

Enough said.
Posted via T-Mobile Device
Because conversation is enjoyable. And goodness knows my family won't be rational about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would if I could.. gotta love California.... it was 70F this weekend.

www.SoCalPonds.com
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

You sir are a bona-fide, card carrying idiot.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

That was directed to herler, I dont know why it didnt reply under his idiotic message
Old 01-29-2014, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM42 View Post
You sir are a bona-fide, card carrying idiot.
There is no need for name calling.

If you disagree with someone, state your opposition without launching personal attacks at the individual whose opinion differs from yours.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110