Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget to level the deck after lowering tire pressure
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Nice buck bro. Did you shoot it, or run it down? Oh wait, you'd need a Hustler SZ to do that wouldn't you?

HAHA to rough back in the woods to run it down with any mower even the infamous hustler. Dropped him at 80 yards with a 1 1/4 ounce slug behind my house.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Sponsor

Gravely's Hunting Mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Something else gravely's are good at. Just needs more deer body room so I have a place for my feet. Other than that a perfect fit.

ProStreetCamaro -

Awesome picture - I guess we hadn't thought of our mowers being used for this purpose, but obviously it works. Nice job of thinking outside the box.

I will have to check with our engineers to see what they can do to provide more room for your feet so you won't have to settle for a smaller deer to make it fit on the mower

Do you mind if we share this picture to our Facebook page?

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
After trying 10 psi, try about 8 and see if you can't feel the difference.
You'll get it worked out....I wouldn't be too hard on myself about the impulse buying, it happens to most people at some point (if not all).
Stan, I went from 10 to 8 psi in all 4 tires and what a great difference! That solved the problem...No aching back tonight.

Thank you!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
ProStreetCamaro -

Awesome picture - I guess we hadn't thought of our mowers being used for this purpose, but obviously it works. Nice job of thinking outside the box.

I will have to check with our engineers to see what they can do to provide more room for your feet so you won't have to settle for a smaller deer to make it fit on the mower

Do you mind if we share this picture to our Facebook page?

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

HAHA My ATV wouldn't start so I hopped on the mower and drove it back to the deer and threw it on the front of the mower and drove it up to my truck. Feel free to post it on facebook if you want. I thought about posting it on your FB page but wasn't sure how you guys would feel about it. I know some people are sensitive about hunting

BTW that is our 160Z that I keep here at my house to cut my 2 acres. It has 1600 hours on it and I use it here and we use it as a backup mower. It is in excellent condition still and could be used daily but after getting the 460 we just semi retired this 160.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 12-04-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutman007 View Post
Stan, I went from 10 to 8 psi in all 4 tires and what a great difference! That solved the problem...No aching back tonight.

Thank you!
Good to hear, I thought you'd feel the difference.

Tire psi (even a couple of lbs when you get down to around 10 psi) makes such a difference in the ride of a mower, that I'm constantly amazed that potential customers are allowed to demo mowers that have 25 -30 psi in the tires, making them ride like a log wagon.

Lowering it down to 7-10 psi would make the mower feel like a totally different machine. As I said, I just can't believe that the importance of setting the correct air pressure is overlooked on such a grand scale.

I'm glad that you've dramatically improved your ride, and now, I'd check my deck pitch to see if it's correct. You probably already know how to do that, but in case you don't, there are lots of posts here on LS explaining how to do that.

Stan
PS. Running the lower psi in the tires will allow the front of the deck to "dip" if you stop too quickly, but you'll adjust to stopping a little slower very quickly. It's a heck of a small price to pay for the difference in the ride that the lower pressure provides.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Well said Stan. I think I'm ok with the deck. Although I did notice a small scalp when stopping too fast. I know how to level the deck if needed. I'm going to pass this on to the dealer. There aren't many Gravely dealers in my area of So Florida. (only 1 that I know of) Without your advice I might of bought a new seat and had the same problem. So, yes 2 psi made a huge difference.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
HAHA to rough back in the woods to run it down with any mower even the infamous hustler. Dropped him at 80 yards with a 1 1/4 ounce slug behind my house.
That deer had the potential to be nice one day, he is only a young underdeveloped deer at this stage, not a shooter.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

GMLC,

With the 52" deck, how much overhang is there on the trim side? I am considering a 452 with the efi kohler. I just want to make sure there is enough overhang past the tires so I can trim with it. I cant tell from the pictures and my dealer doesn't have one in stock. Right now I'm between gravely, bobcat and exmark. My dealer is trying to find out if the fleet deal is extended into 2014. Also the website says you have to spend $12000 and buy at least two units. Did the Z and the bagger count as two units or did you buy something else with it?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
GMLC,

With the 52" deck, how much overhang is there on the trim side? I am considering a 452 with the efi kohler. I just want to make sure there is enough overhang past the tires so I can trim with it. I cant tell from the pictures and my dealer doesn't have one in stock. Right now I'm between gravely, bobcat and exmark. My dealer is trying to find out if the fleet deal is extended into 2014. Also the website says you have to spend $12000 and buy at least two units. Did the Z and the bagger count as two units or did you buy something else with it?
Without measuring Id say 4-6" overhang. I find the trim side very handy around beds etc.

When I bought mine the bagger counted towards fleet pricing. I think its changed now. Guys now buy a 21" mower or other lower priced unit to qualify. Contact Mary Lyn, she would know.
Posted via Mobile Device