Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
There are ten services listed. It's going to be kinda' hard to explain why a customer needs lawn maintenance, concrete edging, mulch delivery, etc. If you expand one, you have to expand all of them. Sites need consistency, throughout.

Keywords do make sense, though. But, it would be very difficult to list a bunch of cities in those counties and make it look right. Just not sure how to tackle that one.
I dissagree, i think you can certainly expand and explain a little more about what the not-so-obvious ones are. Just make it smaller font under the main heading and indented a little... You def dont need to explain all of them
Old 11-06-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
There are ten services listed. It's going to be kinda' hard to explain why a customer needs lawn maintenance, concrete edging, mulch delivery, etc. If you expand one, you have to expand all of them. Sites need consistency, throughout.
I think you're being a bit hardline with your notion of consistency. And 10 services is neither daunting, nor difficult. Every single one of those can be explained, even if only to say "Concrete Edging: We cut that perfect edge, ensuring a beautifully clean, visual break between your lawn and the sidewalk. We even clean up the mess, leaving you with nothing to do but enjoy the view".

If a customer calls you, does the conversation go like this:
Customer: Hi, do you do lawn maintenance?
LCO: Yes, we do.
Customer: Great! What does that entail or include?
LCO: Well...you know...we do lawn maintenance. We, uh, maintain the lawn. And stuff.
The answer, of course, is that it better not go that way. 10% content per page is abysmal. Words need written. Without words, you really have nothing to rank.

Quote:
Keywords do make sense, though. But, it would be very difficult to list a bunch of cities in those counties and make it look right. Just not sure how to tackle that one.
Again, it's not difficult at all. Work the city/town/suburb keywords in to the content. Create specific, localized, pages. Add them to alt tags. The photo gallery page? Was a picture taken in [city]? Tell us that. Telling us that tells Google that.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I should probably clarify this one a bit more. While working location keywords in to your content is a great idea, there is also nothing wrong with creating a service area page and listing the cities you cover. It's when you start stuffing each page's footer with keywords where you can run in to Google issues.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for their ideas. I will apply them all and work on it tonight and repost the site when I get done for more reviews
13 Husqavarna 323
Accelerator 4.2 cu
7x16 Sure-Trac open trailer
http://www.360lawncarenc.com/
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I think you're being a bit hardline with your notion of consistency. And 10 services is neither daunting, nor difficult. Every single one of those can be explained, even if only to say "Concrete Edging: We cut that perfect edge, ensuring a beautifully clean, visual break between your lawn and the sidewalk. We even clean up the mess, leaving you with nothing to do but enjoy the view".

If a customer calls you, does the conversation go like this:
Customer: Hi, do you do lawn maintenance?
LCO: Yes, we do.
Customer: Great! What does that entail or include?
LCO: Well...you know...we do lawn maintenance. We, uh, maintain the lawn. And stuff.
The answer, of course, is that it better not go that way. 10% content per page is abysmal. Words need written. Without words, you really have nothing to rank.

Again, it's not difficult at all. Work the city/town/suburb keywords in to the content. Create specific, localized, pages. Add them to alt tags. The photo gallery page? Was a picture taken in [city]? Tell us that. Telling us that tells Google that.
Quote:
I should probably clarify this one a bit more. While working location keywords in to your content is a great idea, there is also nothing wrong with creating a service area page and listing the cities you cover. It's when you start stuffing each page's footer with keywords where you can run in to Google issues.
All good points and sensible ways of doing them. That's what discussion forums are for, right?

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

okay I made some more changes to the site you guys let me know that you think.

http://www.360lawncarenc.com
13 Husqavarna 323
Accelerator 4.2 cu
7x16 Sure-Trac open trailer
http://www.360lawncarenc.com/
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you do a lot of landscaping, you should consider hiring a professional photographer to take pics. Professionals are adept at both taking pictures and enhancing pictures with software. I have an excellent photographer and his work is outstanding. Here's a sample.

You don't have any detail landscaping pics and you really should have quite a few.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

This! +1 to Tony!

Quote:
- Is your business called "360 Landscaping" or is it "Professional Landscaping in Mocksville NC"?

- You need to work on your TITLE tags.

- Meta Keywords are a waste of time. They're not used.

- Which brings me to...download and read Moz and/or Google's Beginner SEO Guide. They're free. They're helpful.

- There is nothing "local" about your page. The header and home paragraph just isn't enough. Do people search for services by counties, or do they actually use city and town names? What do relevant Google searches indicate to you?

- Your average page has less than 10% actual content, the rest is code and images. That is exceedingly thin. Take your services page... You list out some things and that's it. Tell me what "dethatching" is. Tell me why I need it. What is "concrete edging"? And so on...

- If you look at this "About Us" paragraph:
360 Lawn Care has been in the landscaping industry, since 2005. We started our business servicing park and recreation clients and have expanded into residential and commercial markets. We strive to offer the most complete, up-to-date services and techniques, while using modern, meticulously maintained equipment. Your satisfaction in our work is guaranteed!
You're missing an opportunity to feed the search engines. You mention Lawn Care by way of your business name, and then landscaping. After that, the rest of it could just as easily apply to an asphalt paving company or port-a-john rental outfit. No need to overdue it, but you will definitely benefit from something along the lines of "We strive to offer the most complete, up to date lawn care services and techniques. Your satisfaction in our lawn and landscape work is guaranteed!"

- Speaking of, if I'm Joe Customer, what does "guaranteed" mean?

- You should have your email address utilizing your domain name. It makes things easier to convey and, quite frankly, it's infinitely more professional.

- Your photos, while nice, don't tell me, or Google, anything about them. Write descriptive, keyword content (even just a sentence), to the pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Member

great advice!