Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Tractor Supply's implement paint is cheap and works great. I recommend it for just about any piece of equipment you wouldn't mind painting with a brush.

Whats the consensus on "painting" it with motor oil or something, or is that "illegal" or "a bad idea"

I've known a few people who used to do this to the rocker panels on their chevys every so often. My rockers already disappeared, but my dump trailer is still lookin pretty good and I've been tryin to think of a good way to protect that investment as I often see them completely disintegrated
Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I spray that paint all the time, works great and cheap...
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllee View Post
I spray that paint all the time, works great and cheap...
I'll have to give that a try. You thin it out pretty good then I'm assuming? That stuff is pretty viscous.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Not as much as you would think. The can will tell you and you use mineral spirits or regular oil paint thinner. Put the hardener in it and give it plenty of time to dry. The hotter the temp. outside the better! I found at a regular paint store a oil based clear called sign painters clear the we spray as a last coat to help it keep a shine. With it there is no cure time before using it.....
Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllee View Post
Not as much as you would think. The can will tell you and you use mineral spirits or regular oil paint thinner. Put the hardener in it and give it plenty of time to dry. The hotter the temp. outside the better! I found at a regular paint store a oil based clear called sign painters clear the we spray as a last coat to help it keep a shine. With it there is no cure time before using it.....
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time. I'm definitely impressed with the quality of the paint, especially for the price. Would definitely be cost affective trailer paint.