Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-06-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dvd player is sweet. I had my buddy rig mine up so we can watch it on road trips
Old 12-07-2013, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Dvd player is sweet. I had my buddy rig mine up so we can watch it on road trips
I know several people that could do that for me, but I feel like it would distract me from paying attention to the road, i'm bad enough with my cell phone, I personally don't need to be watching movies and driving at the same time lol. I guess 08 trucks didn't have that option even with nav, I think its only with 09 or 10 truck not positive, what year is year truck or do you have an aftermarket nav/dvd player in there.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

03 with an aftermarket pioneer touch screen. Shh dont tell the cops haha.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
03 with an aftermarket pioneer touch screen. Shh dont tell the cops haha.
sounds nice, when mine breaks if expensive to fix i'll probably just throw an aftermarket one in there unless the oem one can be bought new again for cheap money.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

RSK I think I missed your price & where you got it from? I've been looking into a new truck and love the 6.7's (I think that's what you got)..

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes Landscaping View Post
RSK I think I missed your price & where you got it from? I've been looking into a new truck and love the 6.7's (I think that's what you got)..
nope. this is a 6.4 didn't wanna go any newer then 2010 for that reason. the truck was 34400 plus tax and title, and I put 5k down. I wouldn't actually the pull the trigger on anything new until you have plenty of customers and work lined up. I was looking into a new truck for 4 or 5 years but couldn't do anything and didn't until now, because I didn't have the income to support a new truck, and now that i do I got one.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
nope. this is a 6.4 didn't wanna go any newer then 2010 for that reason. the truck was 34400 plus tax and title, and I put 5k down. I wouldn't actually the pull the trigger on anything new until you have plenty of customers and work lined up. I was looking into a new truck for 4 or 5 years but couldn't do anything and didn't until now, because I didn't have the income to support a new truck, and now that i do I got one.
Yeah I can't justify the truck for work by any means yet, for daily driver/personal use I've been considering buying a okay used 97 7.3 CCSB and do a mild motor build, put a mildly built zf5 and fix any body/driveline issues as my truck... I just don't know where to start, I know I wouldn't be doing any work on it I would just put it in a shop and pay.

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I work 7 days a week and still can't keep up with work, we maintain about 120 properties weekly, I still won't buy a new truck for work. A new truck is a want not a need. In 5 years when your still making payments on that truck your gonna hate your self.

I suppose if I was younger and had no real bills except my truck and insurance I'd do the same.

Now I care about paying the mortgage, homeowners insurance, oil for the furnace,cable,power,food,business insurance, fuel to run 2 mowing rigs all season, etc etc etc

My point is, it has nothing to do with getting enough clients to justify a new truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I work 7 days a week and still can't keep up with work, we maintain about 120 properties weekly, I still won't buy a new truck for work. A new truck is a want not a need. In 5 years when your still making payments on that truck your gonna hate your self.

I suppose if I was younger and had no real bills except my truck and insurance I'd do the same.

Now I care about paying the mortgage, homeowners insurance, oil for the furnace,cable,power,food,business insurance, fuel to run 2 mowing rigs all season, etc etc etc

My point is, it has nothing to do with getting enough clients to justify a new truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a 1500 regular cab, it would be justifiable to move up to a larger truck if I needed to tow more weight, ie skidsteer, put a plow on, sander ect.

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Old 12-08-2013, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with goldpro on wants vs needs. I still drive a 95 250, hopefully next year we can trade up for a newer truck. For 40k you could buy a used dump, skid steer, and a new trailer, but if you feel that's what you're business needs in sure you'll be happy with the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device