Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Heck send the wife or girlfriend/friends out to put flyers at door. Just don't do the stone in a baggie idea and throw flyer at end of drive way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
Heck send the wife or girlfriend/friends out to put flyers at door. Just don't do the stone in a baggie idea and throw flyer at end of drive way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I agree the stone and baggie is definitely not the image I'm going for...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdown View Post
Thank you that is great advice. I thought about doing eddm but I don't trust to PO. I mentioned that I would probably do my first round the third week of February...Super Bowl is Feb 2nd...do you think I should mail earlier or stick with the timing I mentioned? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
I have about 3,000 post cards left that I plan on mailing the week after Super Bowl. This is a Second Mailing to a target area very near my home.

The Post office seems to do a good job for me. Because of Empty houses, there are left over post cards. The postman delivers these to his next route. I know that for a fact because I get calls from those extra deliveries.

Personally passing Fliers has the advantage of possible face to face selling opportunity. While we all knock TG/CL, They a great marketing company and use door to door salesman who pass fliers and knock on doors.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I have about 3,000 post cards left that I plan on mailing the week after Super Bowl. This is a Second Mailing to a target area very near my home.

The Post office seems to do a good job for me. Because of Empty houses, there are left over post cards. The postman delivers these to his next route. I know that for a fact because I get calls from those extra deliveries.

Personally passing Fliers has the advantage of possible face to face selling opportunity. While we all knock TG/CL, They a great marketing company and use door to door salesman who pass fliers and knock on doors.

True. I always notice the large corporate competition tends to make up what they may lack in quality and cs with a strong focus on marketing to replace the customers they may lose along the way. I try to emulate them a lot as far as marketing...definitely notice that large corporations really value marketing...also helps that their budgets are probably so big.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I only dropped my flyers to houses that had nice lawns. Those crappy Bahia lawns I would skip or houses that did not look well kept I would pass on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I only dropped my flyers to houses that had nice lawns. Those crappy Bahia lawns I would skip or houses that did not look well kept I would pass on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, nobody wants to represent an ugly lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdown View Post
Yeah, nobody wants to represent an ugly lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will take a ugly lawn all day long. All I ask is that the owner pays me for my time appropriately. Maybe one day I will be able to turn away the business like you guys and only go after pristine lawns but the rules of economics state I must take these properties as well.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Sponsor

Hey Getdown...
This is Glenda at Adeas Printing. Most of our lawn businesses order their postcards with our Stick-It feature as early as late January, then in February & March. We serve many different businesses across the US, so because of "Mother Nature's" effect on Lawn care Businesses, this is not set in stone! We can print 5,000 postcards for as little as 28 cents a piece (and that includes postage!) Check us out at http://www.adeasprinting.com/post-cards
Feel free to contact or live chat with me anytime...
Glenda - 866-778-4254 ext 212 glenda@adeasprinting.com
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBetterDoorhanger View Post
Hey Getdown...
This is Glenda at Adeas Printing. Most of our lawn businesses order their postcards with our Stick-It feature as early as late January, then in February & March. We serve many different businesses across the US, so because of "Mother Nature's" effect on Lawn care Businesses, this is not set in stone! We can print 5,000 postcards for as little as 28 cents a piece (and that includes postage!) Check us out at http://www.adeasprinting.com/post-cards
Feel free to contact or live chat with me anytime...
Glenda - 866-778-4254 ext 212 glenda@adeasprinting.com
My total cost for 6 X 12 post cards mailed is 22.5 cent. My local printer charges 6 cent a piece to print both sides of a post card on card stock. Add in the USPS 16.5 cent to make 22.5 cent cost per card delivered.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
My total cost for 6 X 12 post cards mailed is 22.5 cent. My local printer charges 6 cent a piece to print both sides of a post card on card stock. Add in the USPS 16.5 cent to make 22.5 cent cost per card delivered.

Wow yea that's a deal I would jump on especially for the 6X12!
Posted via Mobile Device