Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
That said, I'm sure that your mini is zts.
Posted via Mobile Device
I argue that the mini's(and even the bigger ones) are always in tight spots and working around people, buildings, spoil piles and that extra swing makes it harder. To put it another way - it's like only buying trucks with automatics, it just makes life easier.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I argue that the mini's(and even the bigger ones) are always in tight spots and working around people, buildings, spoil piles and that extra swing makes it harder. To put it another way - it's like only buying trucks with automatics, it just makes life easier.
I guess we're both talking from different owner standpoints. You have a ZTS and I don't. Just because you own a ZTS doesn't necessarily make you smarter or dumber than me, or vice versa. I own my mini because it was available at the time I needed it. I don't think that ZTS was available at the time, I may be wrong.

Now I work some tight spots myself, move a lot of material in a reasonable amount of time and i don't tear things up (including my machine) no complaints or lawsuits as of yet. If I were digging right on top of or next to a wall, fence or building and needed to swing 180 to place my spoils a ZTS would be a requirement. As is I look at my jobs and figure them out without relying on the ZTS to complete the job. I'm sure that a ZTS machine would be easier to work with in some, maybe many cases but it's like the old man says. If it were easy, anybody could do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2013, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
I guess we're both talking from different owner standpoints. You have a ZTS and I don't. Just because you own a ZTS doesn't necessarily make you smarter or dumber than me, or vice versa. I own my mini because it was available at the time I needed it. I don't think that ZTS was available at the time, I may be wrong.

Now I work some tight spots myself, move a lot of material in a reasonable amount of time and i don't tear things up (including my machine) no complaints or lawsuits as of yet. If I were digging right on top of or next to a wall, fence or building and needed to swing 180 to place my spoils a ZTS would be a requirement. As is I look at my jobs and figure them out without relying on the ZTS to complete the job. I'm sure that a ZTS machine would be easier to work with in some, maybe many cases but it's like the old man says. If it were easy, anybody could do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I guess we have to agree to disagree but for the life of me don't understand why they even make mini's that are not ZTS?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I guess we have to agree to disagree but for the life of me don't understand why they even make mini's that are not ZTS?
Below lies the answer to your question

http://www.cat.com/

http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/const...reen_home.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Todays shopping yielded this bad boy out of the three i looked at
2001 CAT 301.8 with 2400 hrs
The good
New tracks, new glowplugs, recently serviced, all filters dated with hours, clean motor, reapinted nicely with new decals, retracting undercarriage, two speed, aux lines

The bad
No aux qcs, loose bucket pins(all others tight), one dented hard line, missing one blade extension, blade cylinder needs repacking, lights dont work

What would be a fair offer? The only thing holding me back is the year, almost 15 years old but i think the CAT would hold a great resale for me in a few years if i want to
The pics
[/URL]
Old 12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[/URL]
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to be in good shape. Has it been repainted?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes but really nicely. Everything masked, new vinyl decals etc. not just a rattlecan job either. No dents or scuffs covered up. Im assuming it was just sun faded
Old 12-12-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been buying and selling this size mini ex as a hobby. So far I'm on my third one. 1st I bought this summer was 04 Kubota kx41-3 with 470hrs I got for $9500. 2nd was 2005 JCB 8018 with 1200hrs I got for $9000. Spent $500 to get that one and had to put motor mounts on it. The 3rd and latest machine is a 2005 Volvo EC15 with 1200 hrs and brand new tracks, got it for $9500. I bought it knowing about an electrical issue causing it to stall and I spent $1300 to finally get issue fixed. I've rented a Deere 17d and that is a very nice machine. These things are so darn handy that I'm considering owning two so that I'm not empty handed when I flip one. I've found you can't go wrong buying a 2004 or newer with under 1500hrs not abused for $10k or less. I've missed a couple ridiculous deals from real work interfering with my hobby. United Rentals always has TB016s for sale, lately it's 05-07 2000-4000hrs for $12500+