Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will Highly Recommend SAP. My cost for the Basic service and three mobile users is around $80 a month. Most of my customers choose email invoices which makes it a ton easier on me. SAP will also take care of mailing out your invoices that need USPS. it runs .79 per invoice, which isnt bad. I too have started Credit Card billing as well... and went with Blue Pay to intergrate with SAP... you only have two choices on that... but it has made it simple.. I have decided for now to not do the client portal which cost extra. It may be of some use to customers.. but most prob would never use it, and the additional cost is a bit more than I wanna pay. The program is awesome but takes you inputting all the right info from the start. You will prob need Jonathans help alot at the start... but after you figure it out, it isnt bad. Take your time at set it up right.... the first time. And by this i mean learn the difference between packages and schedules... packages help on fert and spray, mulch, seasonal color, but isnt for weekly service. you can truley account for every service you plan to preform and make sure you dont miss one... but you have to be on it each day ! it will make you more profitable because small jobs dont go overlooked and forget to be billed.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently seeking a cheaper alternative to keeping track of scheduling mainly but everything I come across besides the old pen and paper method is expensive and out of my budget.

I also had a great idea but I'm sure its probably already out there but a way for customers to login on my website and be able to view a page with info about their lawn. It would be updated each visit and show what weeds were found, overall condition, what we did at the visit, and also a history too.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I use excel for keeping track of all my customers names add and phone numbers. I also put every app that they have signed up for in columns to the right of their info. Makes for easy sorting. I then import my list into micorsoft map point. Picked up a map point program that was a few years old for like $50 off of amazon. It is a great tool for the money. At the end of each day when I am completing my billing I mark the customer off in the spread sheet that they are completed. Next morning do a new map up and head out.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
I will Highly Recommend SAP. My cost for the Basic service and three mobile users is around $80 a month. Most of my customers choose email invoices which makes it a ton easier on me. SAP will also take care of mailing out your invoices that need USPS. it runs .79 per invoice, which isnt bad. I too have started Credit Card billing as well... and went with Blue Pay to intergrate with SAP... you only have two choices on that... but it has made it simple.. I have decided for now to not do the client portal which cost extra. It may be of some use to customers.. but most prob would never use it, and the additional cost is a bit more than I wanna pay. The program is awesome but takes you inputting all the right info from the start. You will prob need Jonathans help alot at the start... but after you figure it out, it isnt bad. Take your time at set it up right.... the first time. And by this i mean learn the difference between packages and schedules... packages help on fert and spray, mulch, seasonal color, but isnt for weekly service. you can truley account for every service you plan to preform and make sure you dont miss one... but you have to be on it each day ! it will make you more profitable because small jobs dont go overlooked and forget to be billed.
How has SAP been for you the last few months?
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Member

We use excel also. With customers on the left. To the right in order address,time, wind speed, temp, amount of product used, amount of sale. Easy and cheap and when we pick up a new account its added in the list where it will be added to the route. I also have a sheet with each tank with dates and what was used in said tank. The inspection from the state is flawless as we have every tank logged along with who got sprayed with what tank.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
Andersman02, have you looked at SAP? I have to say I have been w Clip for a long time, 20+ years, and after watching SAP''s videos and studying their product I am amazed and mad. Mad at myself that I have put up with Clip for as long as I have. It is old, out dated and I am positive it is beyond repair. They have missed the boat and it is too late for them to catch up. The things that SAP can do are amazing. You might want to check it out before going too much further. Good luck.
I havent, we've been wit clip for a while now and are pretty fluent with it. We also have over 4k people in the system, about 2.5k active. Transfering over anything to a new software would be a PITA im guessing. Over all we are pretty happy with clip
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Google calender is great, all my accounts are on it. crew leaders can access it and change items on it. We have the sites linked to Google maps, the phones have gps on them always turned on so we can track each other. Best of all it is free
Old 03-14-2014, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanum View Post
Google calender is great, all my accounts are on it. crew leaders can access it and change items on it. We have the sites linked to Google maps, the phones have gps on them always turned on so we can track each other. Best of all it is free
That's a pretty cool idea....simple and functional. Just too bad there isn't a way to link it to invoicing. Do you enter all the jobs manually after completion? or maybe they are monthly contracts anyways....
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Grounds Keeper Pro. It was about $300 when I bought it several years ago. Its is easy to learn and navigate. You can enter customers schedule services and assign them to route and even put the routes in the order you want them serviced. The routes can be printed on a route sheet and you can include or exclude a lot of information about the property, depending upon how much the employees need to know. I use a map book or my gps if I cant remember where they are exactly. The program is all inclusive as far as keeping up with payments, expenses, payroll, ect. I highly recommend you contact them and look at there free demo. www.adkad.com/‎
Old 03-15-2014, 03:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
That's a pretty cool idea....simple and functional. Just too bad there isn't a way to link it to invoicing. Do you enter all the jobs manually after completion? or maybe they are monthly contracts anyways....
Indeed, we are fixed price contractors, the contracts are broken down to 12 equal ppayments. There are additional items from time to time which we charge extra for. Accounts have a bill of quantities which prices for everything down to tree spacers. The crew leaders use their smart phones and email in what extras were used and how long it took. Accounts email an invoice within 24 hours. By providing smart phones to the crew leaders they also have to take photos 'before and after' of each site they were on.
I find that Google invaluable, using cloud storage, account reports are backed up to each customer file, customers have their own a. We back up to dropbox and each customer can access their own file. Which they can view photos from the beginning of the contract to present day. It is a good visual record and proof of the improvements we have brought to the grounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Tanum; 03-15-2014 at 03:57 AM.