Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-04-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

From what I can tell pro landscape seems to be the best value for any small to med sized company doing design install work.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are the alternatives to Pro Landscape? I've heard Dynascape, Visionscape, Sketchup Pro, maybe a few others. Anyone care to chime in on other programs?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Dynascape vs. Pro Landscape

Hello, I am a designer that utilizes Dynascape, for about 10 years now. I agree that it is one of the best design software out there. I currently use the full versions. including Dynascape manage. It is very accurate, a produce professional designs. I carries a hefty price tag last year with all my up grades the software alone is just under 3K. and then I have large format printers and strong P.Cs to support it. What I do not like is the additional cost. currently It cost me just under $200.00 per month to run.
I was actually looking into purchasing Pro Landscape to simplify things. Lately in this economy I find it the clients are looking for some basic idea's and quick estimate. I thought using the Ipad app would speed the process and close more jobs.
Again Dynascape, is great for those larger projects but come spring hits I generally get 200 + calls in the season. It would be nice to close more jobs. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscapedesign View Post
Hello, I am a designer that utilizes Dynascape, for about 10 years now. I agree that it is one of the best design software out there. I currently use the full versions. including Dynascape manage. It is very accurate, a produce professional designs. I carries a hefty price tag last year with all my up grades the software alone is just under 3K. and then I have large format printers and strong P.Cs to support it. What I do not like is the additional cost. currently It cost me just under $200.00 per month to run.
I was actually looking into purchasing Pro Landscape to simplify things. Lately in this economy I find it the clients are looking for some basic idea's and quick estimate. I thought using the Ipad app would speed the process and close more jobs.
Again Dynascape, is great for those larger projects but come spring hits I generally get 200 + calls in the season. It would be nice to close more jobs. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Your exactly right! Most customers want a here and now idea of what their property is or can look like. Pro landscape on a tablet can give them that WOW! that you need to close the sale.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We had PRO did not like. Went to a few shows, talked to few collegues and I switched to Dynascape. Learning curve. Dont by it in the spring - get it now. You really cant take a picture and then load landscaping around it type of thing....most our people get over that pretty quickly. It is accurate! IT is costly but that depends on what your doing with it. Toss up really I guess for you but we like dyna on our end.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
We had PRO did not like. Went to a few shows, talked to few collegues and I switched to Dynascape. Learning curve. Dont by it in the spring - get it now. You really cant take a picture and then load landscaping around it type of thing....most our people get over that pretty quickly. It is accurate! IT is costly but that depends on what your doing with it. Toss up really I guess for you but we like dyna on our end.
What didn't you like about Pro Landscape?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

best affordable design software by far is realtime landscaping architect by idea spectrum. creates nice plans , 3d screen shots, I make u tube videos on walk thru mode and email my customers the link , they can see every angle. think its 500 bucks not bad
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscapedesign View Post
I use Pro Landscape, have since 2001. Syncs with my clip software for job costing and inventory and utilizes a version of MORS (over head recovery system developed by venderkooi)

I can smash out a 'quickie' with it in under 2 hours design time, which I refer to as a 'working copy', this time also includes the pricing/estimate/contract.

take it to the client as a "was this what you were thinking?"

A finished design, ready for proposal and for a foreman to work off of takes about 6 hours of design time (on average) for a job in the $40k range.

If you do water features or pools, it sucks…. It really annoys me they don't have better graphics options for this.
Ive made due but…its weak.
Outdoor kitchens and structures is almost as bad.

Irrigation, plants, pavers and other hardscapes it's great.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post

If you do water features or pools, it sucks…. It really annoys me they don't have better graphics options for this.
Ive made due but…its weak.
Outdoor kitchens and structures is almost as bad.

Irrigation, plants, pavers and other hardscapes it's great.
Water features are always going to be tough to model unless someone insanely skilled is doing it. I have one guy I use for my high end SketchUp work like that.

As far as outdoor kitchens, we do a mix of CAD and SketchUp. I'm an outdoor cabinetry and appliance dealer so we'll do the modeling and CAD support to help our contractors close the sale. I've found it to be a win-win.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro Landscape is very expensive. $1400 man that to much. Yes you'll make it back but dam
Posted via Mobile Device