Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #341  
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
wayside's Avatar
wayside wayside is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ny longisland
Posts: 527
our leaf truck setup.





__________________
www.wslandscapinginc.com
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,607
That's a sweet rig wayside!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,135
Nice truck. What part of the island are you servicing?
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 AM
35DollarLawns 35DollarLawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee/Greater Nashville area way south
Posts: 801
I missed my chance today , 1992model 700 ford flatbed 18'x8x6.5 tall $ 1700.00 needed tires. His cash arrived before mine in a race to win.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 AM
wayside's Avatar
wayside wayside is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ny longisland
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Nice truck. What part of the island are you servicing?
thank you. We service all of Nassau and Suffolk, these are our main areas muttontown syosset woodbury melville old bethpage hicksville huntington plainview dixhills brightwaters west islip ronkonkoma.

How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
That's a sweet rig wayside!
Posted via Mobile Device
thank you
__________________
www.wslandscapinginc.com
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
ClassicLawnCareInc ClassicLawnCareInc is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salisbury Md
Posts: 599
Here is my set-up. 2012 ford F-550 Dump truck and a 2013 monster leaf loader with a EFI Subaru 28 HP.

This is the 1st year using this set-up and its works great!
Attached Images
               
__________________
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
ClassicLawnCareInc ClassicLawnCareInc is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salisbury Md
Posts: 599
A few more pics of my set-up
Attached Images
           
__________________
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
XC skier's Avatar
XC skier XC skier is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 51
Hey classic and wayside those are really professional setups. Classic, it seems as though you would fill your truck up pretty fast with that loader. I'll bet that you're already thinking about going vertical to increase capacity. What are the wheelbarrows for? I also notice that one of you is using a pitchfork- good move. Pitchforks for the big stuff and rakes for the little stuff. I know that LI properties have a lot of trees (and I assume MD does also judging by the equipment) so where do you guys dump all of your leaves?
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 PM
ClassicLawnCareInc ClassicLawnCareInc is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salisbury Md
Posts: 599
Yup we do fill it up fairly quickly, 2-3 hours or so and usually 2-3 times per day. The wheel barrows are up there year round. We use them for mulching in the on season and anything else in the off season.

Im looking at other options to increase my height for next year. This is my first year using a leaf loader.
__________________
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 PM
wayside's Avatar
wayside wayside is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ny longisland
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC skier View Post
Hey classic and wayside those are really professional setups. Classic, it seems as though you would fill your truck up pretty fast with that loader. I'll bet that you're already thinking about going vertical to increase capacity. What are the wheelbarrows for? I also notice that one of you is using a pitchfork- good move. Pitchforks for the big stuff and rakes for the little stuff. I know that LI properties have a lot of trees (and I assume MD does also judging by the equipment) so where do you guys dump all of your leaves?


Yeah LI homes in some areas have too many tree's, with my setup i normally fit 2-3 large homes before dumping. We have a town landfill or some nurseries on LI take leaves and charge great rates to dump.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicLawnCareInc View Post
Yup we do fill it up fairly quickly, 2-3 hours or so and usually 2-3 times per day. The wheel barrows are up there year round. We use them for mulching in the on season and anything else in the off season.

Im looking at other options to increase my height for next year. This is my first year using a leaf loader.
Classic. get some rings built you wont kill your pockets and they work very well. i paid $480 + $120 for my tarp.

__________________
www.wslandscapinginc.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.09499 seconds with 10 queries