Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brauch View Post
Then what DOES work if we don't use yellow pages? How DO you get on page one of google? And how would you know?
Posted via Mobile Device
Take a minute and read tonygreeks threads. This is what he does
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 AM
chris brauch chris brauch is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St.Louis MO
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
Some prople misread....and only interpreted what they want. My area is much larger than 1000 people..lol. Try 80k. I said up front it may not fit everybody....but.....whats the harm in trying....you dont know if it benefits your company unless you try it. Has anyone tried billboards?? I have.....they sucked.....for me.. for you they may work. We botb have experiences and opinions....doesnt make either right or wrong....they are personal experiences...so quit your damn bickering and take it as such. He ask for experiences.....that is mine. I know my money has had ROI. Another term you can google if you arent familiar with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
THANK YOU
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 AM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 1,760
yes, lots to learn from this guy when it comes to SEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Take a minute and read tonygreeks threads. This is what he does
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
GreenGuysLC GreenGuysLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Killen Al
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Take a minute and read tonygreeks threads. This is what he does
Damn sure cant prove it to me. Have him explain the importance of SEO!! Without it....you wont be on page one. I too study advertising....i i will be the first to admit. . I am not getting all i can....but i am willing to try things. I am planning to cut back on my YP and put more into SEO and web presence. But.....as i say....it is what works for me and we will all see different results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 1,760
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kill...+Al+population

google is off by about 79k mabee thats where all the illegals went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
Some prople misread....and only interpreted what they want. My area is much larger than 1000 people..lol. Try 80k. I said up front it may not fit everybody....but.....whats the harm in trying....you dont know if it benefits your company unless you try it. Has anyone tried billboards?? I have.....they sucked.....for me.. for you they may work. We botb have experiences and opinions....doesnt make either right or wrong....they are personal experiences...so quit your damn bickering and take it as such. He ask for experiences.....that is mine. I know my money has had ROI. Another term you can google if you arent familiar with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:35 AM
GreenGuysLC GreenGuysLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Killen Al
Posts: 268
Lmao....i can promise you the illegals arent here...google russellville! They are there! Yoh gotta understand....killen has a very small "coorperate limit" but is centered in a county of 80k.....not to mention the next county 10 miles away with another 50k. The actual town limit may very well be 1000. The actual populayion of the community of killen is more like 10k. Yhe total reach of any local advertising is way over 80k. I dont know your area or reach...and dont expect you to know mine by a simple google search.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:44 AM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 1,760
ah, i hear ya.. I know the main city i rank well for is only 12k while farther out, much more. I was just being stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
Lmao....i can promise you the illegals arent here...google russellville! They are there! Yoh gotta understand....killen has a very small "coorperate limit" but is centered in a county of 80k.....not to mention the next county 10 miles away with another 50k. The actual town limit may very well be 1000. The actual populayion of the community of killen is more like 10k. Yhe total reach of any local advertising is way over 80k. I dont know your area or reach...and dont expect you to know mine by a simple google search.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 AM
GreenGuysLC GreenGuysLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Killen Al
Posts: 268
Yeah...but ot was funny....especially knowing our border town....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Dolphin fan Dolphin fan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale Florida The Venice of Amercia
Posts: 45
Wooda shoulda coulda

Ok guys, we all know that or should know that the internet is the direction of most people's preferences when they are looking to make a purchase in these day's,but like I said most not all, so just to disregard one form of advertising like many of the prior posts say they do in my opinion is not smart business.Different things work for different guys so the only way to know what works for you is to try different methods and track your success, what works for you is what you focus on.The amount of money you spend can only be determined by you, you know your financial situation, and what direction you want your company to go in.Google add words works good for some, post cards, for others, door hangers?
The answer is keep trying and find out what works for you.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 AM
LawnsharkMB LawnsharkMB is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 297
Reading this thread I think I may have made a mistake doing a one year contract with YP. I went this way for the web presence I was promised, not the advertising through the book.

I'll give it a try since I prepaid the first two months. Anybody ever agreed to a contract with them and been able to get out of it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.07412 seconds with 9 queries