Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris brauch View Post
Then what DOES work if we don't use yellow pages? How DO you get on page one of google? And how would you know?
Posted via Mobile Device
Take a minute and read tonygreeks threads. This is what he does
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
Some prople misread....and only interpreted what they want. My area is much larger than 1000 people..lol. Try 80k. I said up front it may not fit everybody....but.....whats the harm in trying....you dont know if it benefits your company unless you try it. Has anyone tried billboards?? I have.....they sucked.....for me.. for you they may work. We botb have experiences and opinions....doesnt make either right or wrong....they are personal experiences...so quit your damn bickering and take it as such. He ask for experiences.....that is mine. I know my money has had ROI. Another term you can google if you arent familiar with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
THANK YOU
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, lots to learn from this guy when it comes to SEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Damn sure cant prove it to me. Have him explain the importance of SEO!! Without it....you wont be on page one. I too study advertising....i i will be the first to admit. . I am not getting all i can....but i am willing to try things. I am planning to cut back on my YP and put more into SEO and web presence. But.....as i say....it is what works for me and we will all see different results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kill...+Al+population

google is off by about 79k mabee thats where all the illegals went.

Quote:
Some prople misread....and only interpreted what they want. My area is much larger than 1000 people..lol. Try 80k. I said up front it may not fit everybody....but.....whats the harm in trying....you dont know if it benefits your company unless you try it. Has anyone tried billboards?? I have.....they sucked.....for me.. for you they may work. We botb have experiences and opinions....doesnt make either right or wrong....they are personal experiences...so quit your damn bickering and take it as such. He ask for experiences.....that is mine. I know my money has had ROI. Another term you can google if you arent familiar with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lmao....i can promise you the illegals arent here...google russellville! They are there! Yoh gotta understand....killen has a very small "coorperate limit" but is centered in a county of 80k.....not to mention the next county 10 miles away with another 50k. The actual town limit may very well be 1000. The actual populayion of the community of killen is more like 10k. Yhe total reach of any local advertising is way over 80k. I dont know your area or reach...and dont expect you to know mine by a simple google search.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ah, i hear ya.. I know the main city i rank well for is only 12k while farther out, much more. I was just being stupid.

Quote:
Lmao....i can promise you the illegals arent here...google russellville! They are there! Yoh gotta understand....killen has a very small "coorperate limit" but is centered in a county of 80k.....not to mention the next county 10 miles away with another 50k. The actual town limit may very well be 1000. The actual populayion of the community of killen is more like 10k. Yhe total reach of any local advertising is way over 80k. I dont know your area or reach...and dont expect you to know mine by a simple google search.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah...but ot was funny....especially knowing our border town....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Wooda shoulda coulda

Ok guys, we all know that or should know that the internet is the direction of most people's preferences when they are looking to make a purchase in these day's,but like I said most not all, so just to disregard one form of advertising like many of the prior posts say they do in my opinion is not smart business.Different things work for different guys so the only way to know what works for you is to try different methods and track your success, what works for you is what you focus on.The amount of money you spend can only be determined by you, you know your financial situation, and what direction you want your company to go in.Google add words works good for some, post cards, for others, door hangers?
The answer is keep trying and find out what works for you.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Reading this thread I think I may have made a mistake doing a one year contract with YP. I went this way for the web presence I was promised, not the advertising through the book.

I'll give it a try since I prepaid the first two months. Anybody ever agreed to a contract with them and been able to get out of it?
Posted via Mobile Device