Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph02813 View Post
change out the air filter, leave it out and start it with some quick start, which is a backwards way of cleaning out the carb- let in run a little then put in the new air filter. I have had several of these toro, this is the only one i have had trouble starting and it always falls back to the air filter.
That's a good one!!

......AMF!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought so too, Fish. I can't figure out why the magic didn't work for me this morning on two Toros, one a Honda GCV, the other a Briggs120000 series--both with autochoke and clean air filters. I'm just wondering, when and if the quick start magic does work backward, does all the crap in the carb bowl, fuel nozzle and main jet end up back in the fuel tank?
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch1 View Post
I thought so too, Fish. I can't figure out why the magic didn't work for me this morning on two Toros, one a Honda GCV, the other a Briggs120000 series--both with autochoke and clean air filters. I'm just wondering, when and if the quick start magic does work backward, does all the crap in the carb bowl, fuel nozzle and main jet end up back in the fuel tank?
On the briggs, if it has one of them RJ2YLE plugs in it... then thats yer problem. They foul out quickly! The replacement calls for a RJ19LMC @ .020, but you can use a J19LM @ .030 and that puppy will run great.

......AMF!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Not a plug problem, Fish, just gummed up carb internals. Both ran like a scalded dog after the carb cleanups. So far, I haven't run across anything with the RJ2YLE in them--I'm in the dark on that one. If the J19LM, works, so will the NGK B2LM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
On the briggs, if it has one of them RJ2YLE plugs in it... then thats yer problem. They foul out quickly! The replacement calls for a RJ19LMC @ .020, but you can use a J19LM @ .030 and that puppy will run great.
yeah.. it's not like the EPA will ever go around checking and fining anybody for putting the old plug in instead of the new one that is specified in the parts manual.. heck, while you're at it why not just throw some Autolites and some of those E3 plugs in there?
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
yeah.. it's not like the EPA will ever go around checking and fining anybody for putting the old plug in instead of the new one that is specified in the parts manual.. heck, while you're at it why not just throw some Autolites and some of those E3 plugs in there?
Ya left out two of my favorites... the Splitfire SF045F and the one I use most at my place, the Torch GL2.
Though I gotta admit those E3.10 come in a close second.

......AMF!