Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Ice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If any of you guys are looking to buy Ram trucks you should check out Jason with Team Dodge in Huntsville. I worked my deal pretty hard. I got a 2013 Ram 2500 4x2 Tradesmen edition for $33.5K which was $11860 off MSRP. There were zero dealer ads on the truck to falsely bloat the MSRP. I bought the truck via email and never even saw it until it was delivered to me in Austin. After the deal was already negotiated I twisted their arm and got free delivery thrown in.

I always talk to multiple dealers when I buy and take it to the point where sales guys say uncle. If you don't take it to the point where sales people say no you always leaving money on the table.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Ice is starting to melt

The streets are clear here, the remaining ice is starting to melt. This is today at a lighting job I was at.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My personal lawn is finally almost clear of ice. Just a few spots left where I had mounded ice from shoveling my driveway a few days ago. Now to let the ground dry up a bit so I can get back to some leaf jobs.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

PlantScapeSolutions, that's an awesome looking truck. I just picked up a Ram myself. I wanted to let you know if you ever want to have anything done to it, cold air intakes, programming, any kind of modifications, maintenance, shocks, brakes, anything send me a pm on the forum. I'm far from a mechanic, but can handle small tasks. I winded up doing some mods about a few weeks ago (I picked up mine used) and found an awesome mechanic in Round Rock area. I was almost skeptical of using him because his prices we're so low, especially after he called me the next day and told me my truck was ready to be picked up. He returned all the old worn out parts to me, did a quick inspection, and went on my way and couldn't have gotten a better deal. I did (4) ball joints upper and lower on both sides, two front control arms, brakes all the way around, and a steering rack and pinion. Charged be $120.00 for brakes, all four ball joints, and two control arms and $100. for the steering rack and pinion. The Dodge dealership wanted over $2,500.00, small craigslist mechanics wanted $300.-$400. for the ball joints alone, $250.-$350. labor for the steering rack, and from $50.-$90. labor for all the brake pads and rotors. I managed to get everything done for $220.00 all the way around and my truck was done in less than a day. I even circled the neighborhood a few times to find him out there under the truck the whole day. Not saying you should have any issues with the new ride, but if you ever find anyone that runs into issues or you need some heavy maintenance done I can save you plenty of money with this guy and help a fellow CTX person out. He just works out of the garage so I told him I'd put his name out there when I could since he was giving out such good prices and work!
Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersandWildcats2009 View Post
PlantScapeSolutions, that's an awesome looking truck. I just picked up a Ram myself. I wanted to let you know if you ever want to have anything done to it, cold air intakes, programming, any kind of modifications, maintenance, shocks, brakes, anything send me a pm on the forum. I'm far from a mechanic, but can handle small tasks. I winded up doing some mods about a few weeks ago (I picked up mine used) and found an awesome mechanic in Round Rock area. I was almost skeptical of using him because his prices we're so low, especially after he called me the next day and told me my truck was ready to be picked up. He returned all the old worn out parts to me, did a quick inspection, and went on my way and couldn't have gotten a better deal. I did (4) ball joints upper and lower on both sides, two front control arms, brakes all the way around, and a steering rack and pinion. Charged be $120.00 for brakes, all four ball joints, and two control arms and $100. for the steering rack and pinion. The Dodge dealership wanted over $2,500.00, small craigslist mechanics wanted $300.-$400. for the ball joints alone, $250.-$350. labor for the steering rack, and from $50.-$90. labor for all the brake pads and rotors. I managed to get everything done for $220.00 all the way around and my truck was done in less than a day. I even circled the neighborhood a few times to find him out there under the truck the whole day. Not saying you should have any issues with the new ride, but if you ever find anyone that runs into issues or you need some heavy maintenance done I can save you plenty of money with this guy and help a fellow CTX person out. He just works out of the garage so I told him I'd put his name out there when I could since he was giving out such good prices and work!
I have an 2006 Ram 2500 that needs some labor intensive ball joint work and front shocks. The rear shocks are easy but for the front you need the tool for the springs. Exactly how did you find this guy?

Go a head and PM me the guys info please.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I have an 2006 Ram 2500 that needs some labor intensive ball joint work and front shocks. The rear shocks are easy but for the front you need the tool for the springs. Exactly how did you find this guy?

Go a head and PM me the guys info please.

Sending you out a PM right now.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersandWildcats2009 View Post
Sending you out a PM right now.
If you would pm me also...I'd appreciate it...thanks
Old 12-20-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
The streets are clear here, the remaining ice is starting to melt. This is today at a lighting job I was at.
If you want to see a Griswold house check this out http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=58. This customer has about $10,000 invested. The install this year was $1430. I would never do a house with this HD stuff again. it's stressful to unbox things in the fall to see what has quit working in the off season.
Owner- David

Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
If you want to see a Griswold house check this out http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=58. This customer has about $10,000 invested. The install this year was $1430. I would never do a house with this HD stuff again. it's stressful to unbox things in the fall to see what has quit working in the off season.
Not too bad. Some customers just like all the flare. The house in the piture I posted provided all of their own stuff. She wanted to order some things but didn't want to wait the lead time. I think I would turn down future jobs where the customer provided their own product. It was a hastle. They didn't store them very well. As far as HD, totally agree.
Posted via Mobile Device