Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Sponsor

I have to agree with AW Landscapers about your marketing message being consistent. Here at A'deas Printing we see a lot of Lawn Care professionals use our door hanger with the Band-It & Stick-It features and get pretty good results with them. A coupon offer on the door hanger has a good call back ratio. I had a customer the other day tell me when he puts a coupon on his door hanger the ratio of door hangers being discarded were less, to him the coupon was a MAJOR deal. Right now we have a good offer for 1000 door hangers for $79 when you use our online tool designer. (or for $99, you can have a designer provide a custom design) Check it out here... http://www.adeasprinting.com/door-ha...-it-special-79
Contact or live chat with me anytime!
Glenda - * Adeas Printing - 866-778-4254 ext 212 * glenda@adeasprinting.com
Old 12-11-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Craigslist can land you some new customers too. Just need to weed out the cheapos and whackos! Best advertisement is word of mouth though. Over half of my work this year was word of mouth. The best form of advertising as anyone will tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

All the above ideas are great... I go around personally and talk to people. I also started doing $35 yards for around $20-$25. Cheap yes, but it proves you provided excellent lawn care. I went from 5 in the first year, to 10 in the second... This year I landed almost 45. It's tough to get established, but if you keep at you will get there. I have only been doing it for 4 years, but I have learned one phrase that you should always keep in mind:

"UNDER PROMISE AND OVER DELIVER"

Good luck!

6x12 Landscaping Trailer
Scag SFW 36
Scag SWZT 48
Honda HRX 217
Echo Handhelds etc...
17 years old
42 accounts
Love my job!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks guys you all have good points. maybe im not cut out to do this. Maybe my pricing is to high i dont know. I have a website in the works. the yearly contract would pretty much be set up to cater to each property. and I would definitely keep my rail road gig on midnight. WHat to do what to do?!?!?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjf View Post
thanks guys you all have good points. maybe im not cut out to do this. Maybe my pricing is to high i dont know. I have a website in the works. the yearly contract would pretty much be set up to cater to each property. and I would definitely keep my rail road gig on midnight. WHat to do what to do?!?!?
As someone who used to work for a railroad I'm wondering how you even find time to do landscaping at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
As someone who used to work for a railroad I'm wondering how you even find time to do landscaping at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
which rail road did you or do you work for? Im trying not to do any more over time with them. 40 a week is fine with me. I feel like im battling the forces of stupidity everyday! if I give them 40 I get to keep my retirement and have a steady pay every week.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjf View Post
which rail road did you or do you work for? Im trying not to do any more over time with them. 40 a week is fine with me. I feel like im battling the forces of stupidity everyday! if I give them 40 I get to keep my retirement and have a steady pay every week.
I used to work for the New York Susquehanna & Western Railway Corporation. I used to switch in the yard and take road trains to and from Ridgefield Park, NJ (Home terminal) to Binghamton, NY. When they used to Run double stack container trains from our mainline through Conrails Southern Tier line. The 12 hour thing sucked and "deadhead" if our time expired sucked as well. Although it was free $$. I was always back out in 10 hours if we went over 12 and in 8 if we worked 11 hrs and 59 mins.
Posted via Mobile Device