Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-24-2013, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I never thought about mainly using full size attachments. It seems that while some would be useful others would be just too big to be useful on a mini, but to each their own. Around here all places rent minis and attachments so thats not an issue. For most people a large bucket, forks, grapple, trencher,and auger are the bread and butter attachments.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Landscaping View Post
I never thought about mainly using full size attachments. It seems that while some would be useful others would be just too big to be useful on a mini, but to each their own. Around here all places rent minis and attachments so thats not an issue. For most people a large bucket, forks, grapple, trencher,and auger are the bread and butter attachments.
I don't mainly use full size but I can if I need something I don't own
Old 12-24-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If your not interested in max lift ability the the Ditch Witch SK350 is one of the best values out there. I prefer the Ditch Witch machines over the rest although the new Vermeer machines would be right up there with them.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I've ran and owned several diff mini skids.. I currently own a ditchwitch and boxer brute my 2 favorite of them all.. Vermeer was the second best I just didn't like e cockpit feeling standing inside the back.. It was scary on hillsides and slopes.. Bobcat stinks, toro dingos are nice but lift height sucks, I had a Fynn wheeled one basically a toro dingo somewhat.. I've settled to boxer wheeled for speed of hauling and ditchwitch for power and lift height.. Plus I had my ditchwitch on a steep drainage slope Harley raking this past summer.. I would never attempted that with the vermeer.. I am planning on selling my ditchwitch and upgrading to the new model...
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

There is a toro dingo 323 (I think thats it) on ebay. $4500 I think. Just throwing it out there.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used toro dingo, ditch witch sk650 and sk755, and I own a bobcat MT55. I like my MT55 the most but the sk755 is a power house. The only thing I didn't like about the sk755 was the location of the controls and it lacked the refinement the Bobcat has. Like the other guy said, I have used full size attachments on my MT55...I use full size pallet forks on mine all the time.

As far as justifying buying one...I could not live without mine. I can do jobs twice as fast with it.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

^ totally agree..... Once again I think it boils down to personal preference and what your actually going to use the machine for... Wheels and tracks both serve their purpose.. Gas and diesel serves a purpose and each model has its pros and cons...
Old 12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to start shopping and see what's out there for used.
Before I start looking I have one question. Am I right that most brands have interchangeable attachments. Bobcat is the only one with a unique attach?

And, are there adapter plates that work in both directions?

And still not rich

Old 12-28-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Member

May sell

I may sell my ditchwitch and buy a new one. Only has 800 hrs on it and is very well kept... Private message me if interested
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchwitchrunner View Post
I may sell my ditchwitch and buy a new one. Only has 800 hrs on it and is very well kept... Private message me if interested
Thanks, but this early in my hunt I'm not really willing to travel that kind of distance without the machine being an amazing deal.

And still not rich