Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2013, 05:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Stolen plow truck

My brother had a plow truck stolen from his shop in west Hartford yesterday am. They recovered the truck in Hartford when it got towed to the impound lot for being left on the road during a parking bad due to the snow storm. The truck was missing the plow and sander. The plow was an older 8' minute mount and the sander was a stainless down east. He did not get the truck yet so he is not sure of any other damage to the truck except the steering column is broken. The great city of Hartford is making him pay to get the truck out of impound to help add insult to injury. Any info on the plow and sander would be great and if you live in the Hartford area keep your trucks parked in a safe spot if you can.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the look out for his plow/ sander... Do you have any pictures that could be used to identify them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

No pic sorry. He set every thing up about a month before it was stolen. He has serial numbers but I'm sure I he'll never even see the sander or plow. Wanted to give everyone more of a warning than anything. It's funny that the thieves obviously knew what they were doing and had the tools to do it. They could probably get a real job doing what they do but they would rather be thieves instead.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

That's crazy. People are ridiculous. A year or two ago a construction crew was doing some work up in my cul-da-sac and they show up one morning and someone had stolen the bucket off of their backhoe. My neighbor who was at the bus-stop with her son said she saw some guy in a truck drive away with one in the back of his truck but didn't think anything of it because it was like 6:30am and figured it was one of the workers.

-----------------------------------
My Equipment:
2011 F-150 Ecoboost(Work Truck)
2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale(Daily Driver)
2015 Pace-American 7x16 Enclosed Trailer
2014 American Mfg 6x10 High Side Utility Trailer