Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-26-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new job. Travis and I bumped into your dad at Lowes i think on the day you guys were due
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetlc View Post
I haven't posted in awhile... I'm not out that but the plan is after snow I'm done. Had our first little one a month ago, and decided a different job would make it easier to spend time with my family. As of now, looks like I'll be a full time college football coach at a d3 school in the area. Hopefully you all had a merry Christmas and produce winter thus far!
Waved to you today Mike, was in McGinn landscaping's truck due to my truck being in the shop. Enjoy the new adventure!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I haven't posted in awhile... I'm not out that but the plan is after snow I'm done. Had our first little one a month ago, and decided a different job would make it easier to spend time with my family. As of now, looks like I'll be a full time college football coach at a d3 school in the area. Hopefully you all had a merry Christmas and produce winter thus far!
Congrats man! And hope you had a merry Christmas too. Let me know if you are selling anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep he was out getting some salt for me while I was waiting with the wife at the hospital! He didn't understand I needed bulk salt haha.. any of you available to take on some more snow removal accounts? Looks like this coaching position is hiring quicker than expected. I have one large account in crafton and others in the mars area. It is all dependent on the coaching position, but looks like I might be done in two or three weeks.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yep he was out getting some salt for me while I was waiting with the wife at the hospital! He didn't understand I needed bulk salt haha.. any of you available to take on some more snow removal accounts? Looks like this coaching position is hiring quicker than expected. I have one large account in crafton and others in the mars area. It is all dependent on the coaching position, but looks like I might be done in two or three weeks.
Depends on when they need done but I may be able to help out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I may be able to take them on. Depends on size and location. I think I can Prob get another driver
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-28-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Three in mars need pushed after two inches, another mars one needs pushed after three inches, one of the the two inch triggers needs salt every time anything happens. Crafton needs pushed after two and salted every time anything happens.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I think I'm now DONE for the season. I worked a few hours in the beautiful weather today, finished up a leaf cleanup. The property is populated with many Bradford Pears, and they were late dropping. I was at the site last Friday, but needed more time. Saturday, rain fell, and the rest is part of history. But, today was a great workday. The ground is very wet, mud very sticky after thawing. Snow was melted in the important places. But, I blew leaves and made a final mowing on major parts of the property. I think the mowers are now done for the season.

I'm glad to get this off my list (and mind). I could do another trimming job, but it was "if you have time, if not do it in the Spring." Maybe there will be more days in January like today (well, ... we can hope, can't we?).

Now, time for maintenance work...
Old 12-28-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to message me about the one in crafton I do another lot done there and crafton is only 5 minutes from my house. It depends what it is but message me or text 412-400-7129
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are some posts on this thread about "getting started." Here are two local workshops in Pittsburgh that would be worthwhile (same one repeated), sponsored by the Pittsburgh SCORE. For those getting started, or thinking of getting started soon, this would be a great session to help you out on many aspects of running a business (taxes, legal, accounting, etc.).

Jan 11 and Feb 8, 2014. The session is five hours on a Saturday.

http://pittsburgh.score.org/localworkshops

I am just passing the info along, ... no personal involvement.

Tags
n'at!