Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pro-walk 52, Pro-stance 52, and Pro-turn 152.

I hate to be that guy to beat a dead horse, but I really cannot make up my mind on what to get. I just recently acquired a bunch of accounts for this upcoming season in a new area that I am expanding to, and I think to be as efficient as possible I should get another mower since my schedule is going to be very full.

Most of the lawns that I picked up are under an acre, which is much different than my current accounts that are mostly over an acre, which is why I have a gravely 460 right now.

I really like the gravely lineup and I like my local dealer so I really want to get another gravely. I just need one that is smaller and more agile to compliment my 460, and also one that is much lighter for the small well manicured delicate lawns that I will be doing. And the reason I even put in the walkbehind as an option is because I have a couple small properties with a few hills and not sure if that would be the best option, it is also considerably cheaper and lighter.. It will also be an employee run machine for the most part, which is why I considered the 152 ztr instead of a full blown cadillac 460. I am really leaning towards a stander but I have never had one before, but hear they can save a lot of time over a ztr on properties smaller than an acre.

What would you guys get in my situation?
2002 F250 supercab 5.4
2005 Exmark 52" Lazer Z HP
2013 Gravely Pro-Turn 460
2004 Exmark Metro 48" Walkbehind
redmax and Husky blowers and trimmers
1990 John Deere small tractor
2012 8.5x18 with a 3' V Enclosed trailer