Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMlawncare View Post
You really might want to demo one first before making judgement. I too thought it would be underpowered. The first day I demoed one I knew I had to have one. The thing is fast and the controls are very similier to our toro prolines. When you turn on the blades you know right off the bat this is unlike any 21." We have had ours for around 2.5 months now and use it daily in all conditions. Wet, dry, tall, limp grass like I said all conditions. We mowed a heavy fertilized lawn that is irrigated. The grass was and easy 8" It was about 4" above the deck skirt. I could mow through it at a good 3-4mph and the cut was flawless. The engine bogged a little but so would my 60" turf tracer going through that. Now I did have the bag on and I am sure that help a lot. That Kawasaki engine is very impressive. Hills are its downfall due to the machines weight. Now of course we still use it on some crazy steep hard to mow areas but it is a workout. Of all the 30" models on the market I think the Exmark is hands down the finest of the bunch for the commercial contractor.
Sorry, but I make my judgment after OWNING! one for 4 1/2 - 5 months now and I can say I truly believe it's underpowered, but in the right conditions it's a bad a$$ mower but if not your SOL with it. And I absolutely hate how fu@king bad the grass builds up under the deck.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Member

We still really like the three we have. They cut really nice. I was in some tall grass the other day with the discharge shoot on and it was fine. It knocked it down well. We cut all our lawns weekly. The other day a tree dropped alot of leaves, I was anxious to see how it did on a moderate amount of leaves, It did great. It mulched the leaves well. I don't feel these mowers are under powered, sure a few more hp's would be nice, I am not feeling they are under powered. They are not good on hills. In wet grass you do need to clean the decks at times. We like the machines on small lawns. We cut lawns up to a half acre. It uses very small amounts of gas. Gas expenses this year have been much better. So far we are very happy with our 30's. More importantly so are all our customers.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Someone made the point about mulching high wet grass. I have not found any mowers that will mulch high wet grass well. Even mowers with high horse powers did not mulch high wet grass well. That was one of the reasons we did not buy the 26 inch mower, because you could not discharge. When the grass is real high and wet we discharge the first time and raise the deck and mulch on the second round. It works well. In some cases we side discharge over it twice going in a different direction, the second round at a higher setting. The 30's spread it nice on the discharge. In lasts resorts we bag. We try and stay away from bagging. We did have two properties that dropped a good amount of leaves, more then the last time I came on here and it mulched the leaves really well. So far I've been impressed at how well the 30's mulch leaves. I have not had it on huge amounts of leaves yet, but the other day the leaves were higher then moderate and it did well. I will keep people informed with honest facts on this machine as the year goes on.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
Even though I'm looking to sell mine, I cut a yard with it Sunday and man it looked good. In the right conditions a truley awesome cut. Exmark as a company gets 5 stars from me!
really looking for something that works good in all the wrong conditions.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
really looking for something that works good in all the wrong conditions.
Than this is definitely the wrong mower..
Old 12-31-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've read several reports these will not pull a hill. My question is do the wheels simply stop turning, engine bog down, wheels start slipping or what?

I'd really like to purchase one of these but one of the places I would use them is hills I don't want to put a zero on. Wouldn't really be climbing steep hills but going side to side.

Last edited by ArTurf; 12-31-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go side to side,you're ok but,up and down you're going to be working your butt off. The tranny just doesn't have the power.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 12-31-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Out of the 3 options what truely has the best feel while using them. Side discharge, mulch, bagging.?
I would consider using one but at the GIE expo this year mulching was the only way the rep allowed me and it seemed to fly but it bogged , cut clean but the engine sounded abused. I want to know if it sounds smoother bagging or blowing...... I don't mind the hauling grass options either way just looking to hear from users.

Looking to use on 12k-18k lawns with gates, no parking, no irrigation and mostly non fertilized properties where they will be throwed in a truck bed( 8' of plywood ramp with man on the ground)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

my findings
light lawn- mulch or blow out side
medium lawn-mulch, bag or side discharge depending on wetness of grass or how much time you have
heavy lawn or wet(rain)lawn- bag

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandude View Post
Go side to side,you're ok but,up and down you're going to be working your butt off. The tranny just doesn't have the power.
So the wheels simply stop turning?