Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2014, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's a nice setup you have for leaves Pro Turf!
05' JD F1445 Diesel 72"
13' Bobcat T650 CTL
08' Haulmax 24' Enclosed Trailer
11' JD JS 26 W.B.
12' BOSS 9.2 V-XT plow+Wings
Stihl hand held eq.
10' L.W. 13hp blower
13' Permagreen Triumph
WI certified pesticide applicator
Old 01-01-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

How has SAP been working for you guys? We've gone back to printing the route sheets, and I'm getting much better feedback about the accounts and information on upsell opportunities. It's much easier on the crews to make short notes that are easy for me to see as I'm entering job times into the system. Do you use the touch point feature?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixsteeler View Post
Do you collect any of your grass clippings?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes we collect about 80% of our clippings. Currently we manually load them into the back of our dump trucks. In the heavy grass season we are going to have to try to vac the grass from some of our properties. I have heard of that being done, but have never tried it.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Who made your skid steer trailer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Yes we collect about 80% of our clippings. Currently we manually load them into the back of our dump trucks. In the heavy grass season we are going to have to try to vac the grass from some of our properties. I have heard of that being done, but have never tried it.

Do you just use side catchers for the turf tracers? I was thinking of getting a new TT
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Here is a random pic of our F-550...this truck is 10 years old and is still treating us well.

A random picture of our sprinkler service truck getting cleaned out...we try to do this once a week, but it's never enough.

You got 6.4 mirrors on your 550, how come you installed them? They look great.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

There is a larger company in my area that bags many of their residentials. The crew dumps grass at curb. They have a guy that only drives around and vacs up clippings. They've been doing it a while so must be working ok for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

ProTurf,
I am pretty new to this site and the industry as well but I must say this is by far the best thread I have read thus far. I am 17 (as of November '13) and purchased a guys business with a 14ft trailer, John Deere walk behind, Bad Boy Outlaw XP 61" (30 hours on it), blower, and a trimmer. I have 10 residentials and a big commercial factory. I have intentions on building my business over the next few years with extreme caution paying attention to all the factors like the ones discussed in this thread.
I actually took three pages of notes (starting on page 100) of your thread and I just really appreciate all the insight you have spread with some of us younger guys. I am homeschooled and have spent the last month or so just thinking and thinking coming up with a business plan and a marketing plan for 2014. I just wanted to applaud you for growing your company and showing others its not easy but it is possible! I also love your little saying "dont be a jack of all trades and master of none".

Thanks
-H&H Lawn Care and Landscaping
Pegram,TN
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There have definitely been times where I wish I was doing something else...but who hasn't?? I bet even Tom Brady has those days...on rare occasions! I still tell myself that I won't be doing this for the rest of my life...i have a few ideas in the works on other ventures...but nothing set in stone yet.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh tom brady? heeelll no he don't wish he was doing other things. hes tom brady! Giselle 19 million dollar condo in NY. just messin w ya. enjoyed your thread. congrats on the business u have
Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
There have definitely been times where I wish I was doing something else...but who hasn't?? I bet even Tom Brady has those days...on rare occasions! I still tell myself that I won't be doing this for the rest of my life...i have a few ideas in the works on other ventures...but nothing set in stone yet.

ahhhh tom brady? heeelll no he don't wish he was doing other things. hes tom brady! Giselle 19 million dollar condo in NY. just messin w ya. enjoyed your thread. congrats on the business u have
Did pro turf say that? The quote in your post got all messed up.
Posted via Mobile Device