Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hope everyone has an easy year. In Austin we have had great weather and no real problems. I added zero HD products and the ones I had on two homes behaved after fixing them before the season started. I lost one house with LL's 30' up and I'm not one bit sorry.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I finally got my feet wet with the holiday lighting, I made the mistake with one job and went with HD... regret that two weeks into it. I'm looking forward to 2014!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-28-2013, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
I finally got my feet wet with the holiday lighting, I made the mistake with one job and went with HD... regret that two weeks into it. I'm looking forward to 2014!
Posted via Mobile Device
What ever happened with your issue?

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 12-28-2013, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
What ever happened with your issue?
I was able to take out the one link and make it work. I have yet to reach out to the connection I was referred to by HD. The referral does seem to be a distributor in Dallas and Houston. I'm going to contact them next Wed to see if they can quick fix.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
I was able to take out the one link and make it work. I have yet to reach out to the connection I was referred to by HD. The referral does seem to be a distributor in Dallas and Houston. I'm going to contact them next Wed to see if they can quick fix.
Now that you have one customer with a LED HD product with removable bulbs you have to buy a Magic Box. This will allow you to track down the bad bulb or figure out if half a light strand has a bad rectifier and needs to be replaced.

Next time a light strand goes out you can track down the problem yourself. With only one customer it bites to have to spend $110 (+/- with shipping from ccbydara.com) to keep the stuff running but that's how it goes.

The HD site should warn people that a $180 (HD price with shipping +/-) tool is required to find and replace a single bulb to keep people out of trouble with clients but I doubt the site or anyone at HD ever mentions this because it would be a sales killer.

Unsealed LED HD products are all hype as well. They don't last any longer then incandescent. Even in dry central Texas the unsealed sockets start to corrode after 3-4 years and you can't replace the bulbs when they go bad. I can't even imagine using unsealed stuff in humid Houston or places like FL or along the gulf coast.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Now that you have one customer with a LED HD product with removable bulbs you have to buy a Magic Box. This will allow you to track down the bad bulb or figure out if half a light strand has a bad rectifier and needs to be replaced.

Next time a light strand goes out you can track down the problem yourself. With only one customer it bites to have to spend $110 (+/- with shipping from ccbydara.com) to keep the stuff running but that's how it goes.

The HD site should warn people that a $180 (HD price with shipping +/-) tool is required to find and replace a single bulb to keep people out of trouble with clients but I doubt the site or anyone at HD ever mentions this because it would be a sales killer.

Unsealed LED HD products are all hype as well. They don't last any longer then incandescent. Even in dry central Texas the unsealed sockets start to corrode after 3-4 years and you can't replace the bulbs when they go bad. I can't even imagine using unsealed stuff in humid Houston or places like FL or along the gulf coast.
Yep, lesson learned.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
yellow prewired tags from uline. largest size they sell. goes on wreaths, spools, displays.
I ordered these http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...-Tags-Prewired manila 4 3/4 x 2 3/8 sized tags.

I also ordered a label maker with the super adhesive backing for wrapping wires and sticking to it's self. I want to try this for the C9 runs.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I wanted to hear if you guys have a favorite tape for your storage boxes that takes the heat and humidity and doesn't start to come unstuck.

I was going to get the best grade duct tape this year and give that a shot. The Christy's TA-33-PW21 Pipe Wrap Tape used here for RPZ's a lot may be stickiest tap there is but it's also hard to tear off unlike duct tape.