Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-06-2000, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Jason2,
I'm in Moses Lake not to far from you. I just put my mulching kit on my 60" and I love it for this time of year.
I will use it until Nov 1st probably before I put everything away. My lawns stripe better with it on too. I also have the York striper which helps . I'm using Gator blades and it is turning evrything into powder. I'll switch to Exmark mulching blades next week to compare.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 10-07-2000, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

I put my mulching kit on last night and what a pain in the ass that was to do. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to install it and I have decided that no matter what it does to the leaves and grass, I am not taking it off til next year. I am sure it will go faster next time I perform the install but I thought it was more of a pain than it needed to be. I haven't used it yet and am looking foward to it. Tomorrow will be the big day. Can't wait. I am just looking to cut up leaves. Hope it does as well on my 52 as all yours. By the way, I paid $140 yesterday for the kit on my Lazer Z HP.
Old 10-08-2000, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark mulcher

This is my first try at joining in here so bear with me. I just bought a new Exmark HP 52" and had the collection system installed upon delivery. I want to try out the mulching feature and realize that this thing weighs about a half a ton. Is there a good way to tip the Exmark up to work on the blades and install the mulching kits or will I have to buy some kind of hoist?

I'm trying to help my daughter start her new business and have agreed to mow for her next year. We got the machine now so I can chew up my own lawn before driving onto a customer's. Any tricks on working under this thing would be appreciated.

rhd
Old 10-08-2000, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When ever I change my blades on the Lazer, I just drive one front wheel up onto the gate (straight forward) and leave the rest of the mower hanging off. Making sure that the wheel is atleast a four or five inches from the edge of the gate and LOCK UP THE BRAKE! Then, I can just crawl under it (on a sheet of cardboard, if at home) and it's on a solid base. When installing the mulching kit though, you'd probably have to move the mower to the other side when you reach the last bay.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-08-2000, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Runner,

Yep, that would do it alright. Thanks a lot.