Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Andy brought their 36r to us and it's a killer machine. We didn't like a couple things even thought we love their organization and people. 1, no caster locks. 2, no sight line for refilling tank - my manager asked if we might puncture it if we hit something hard enough since it's on the bottom. Maybe. 3rd and biggest concern, 3 lever spray system is either outside two on and middle off or vice versa based on which nozzles you want to control. My manager and I both forsaw employees running all 3 down and burning lawns since that's how our larger zsprays are ran... I asked the to change it they are pretty committed to leaving it as is. It's a great machine, arguably nicer than any of their competitors, but we need an idiot proof machine with little to no learning curve and we think that is th GL.
Posted via Mobile Device
About the z36R....I never thought about the sight line for refilling tank. That could be an issue from time to time, if you get to pouring in water then cannot remember how much you put in, you cannot reference the tank to figure it out.

I am very close to going with a GL, esp with the improvements. Who out there has run the optional spray bar on it? To me that would be a must, so you could have an overlapping pattern as opposed to a single 'spitter'.

I think the Jr36 would come in a close second for me. Ability to do hills is a must and the z36r may struggle in that regard.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-09-2014, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think when folks look at these machines they should consider the Hydro aspects of them. Having a PG and a Z, I would never imagine using the manual shift after having the Z. To me that's a big,big difference some of you might think not a big deal but I'll use a Hydro over manual shift any day.

Although not a big deal but the spring foot plate on the Z is nice, and I'm guessing after 8 or 10 years my knees and back are going to appreciate that. I can tell the difference between the PG's platform and the Z, after 4 or 5hrs. on each machine believe me my dogs are barking after using the PG. Just saying
Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you're serious about a certain stand-on spreader/sprayer, I would be a little bit patient (especially this time of year when the manufacturer's employees finally get a well deserved time off). I remember "searching" on ebay for my Chevy Avalanche >> took me about 6 months before I finally found the one I wanted. By the way, she's still a chick magnet (no matter what my wife says). lol

Ground logic + carrier rack = cool imo. Improvements?? Also a good thing. Nice folks too (Nebraska)

"Fleet machines" = the best way to go if you have a large customer base so you don't have a "mixed bag" regarding parts, etc.

"Hydro tranny's" = also very good IMO.

Using site gauges to fill ???? This is not accurate. Actually a "hack job" imo.

Finally, somebody said a national company or whatever is not using certain spreader/sprayers anymore. Could be. All I personally know is:

Our local "TruGreen" uses only one stand-on spreader sprayer, and it's made in the Midwest (Blaine, MN.)

The only other local "national company" around here is "Scotts Lawn Care". They loved their GL units, yet have recently purchased hydro spreader/sprayer units made in the Midwest (Blaine, MN)

I'll park it right here.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyway you could park it on another forum. (IMO)
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyc View Post
Anyway you could park it on another forum. (IMO)
Why do you say this? What other forum? Trying to be sarcastic?...if so, Why? (thanks in advance)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Why do you say this? What other forum? Trying to be sarcastic?...if so, Why? (thanks in advance)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyc View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
OMG
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
I think when folks look at these machines they should consider the Hydro aspects of them. Having a PG and a Z, I would never imagine using the manual shift after having the Z. To me that's a big,big difference some of you might think not a big deal but I'll use a Hydro over manual shift any day.

Although not a big deal but the spring foot plate on the Z is nice, and I'm guessing after 8 or 10 years my knees and back are going to appreciate that. I can tell the difference between the PG's platform and the Z, after 4 or 5hrs. on each machine believe me my dogs are barking after using the PG. Just saying
Wish LT Rich would have shown up at the MN Green Expo this week. I was wanting to chat with them. Think weather kept them away. Brice and GL were there, and I am that much closer to going with his machine (once mine sells). Love the folks at Turfco, own some of their machines, but I just think the T is too large to do 5-6k sq ft lawns like I need it to do. A bit of a bull in a china shop.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Wish LT Rich would have shown up at the MN Green Expo this week. I was wanting to chat with them. Think weather kept them away. Brice and GL were there, and I am that much closer to going with his machine (once mine sells). Love the folks at Turfco, own some of their machines, but I just think the T is too large to do 5-6k sq ft lawns like I need it to do. A bit of a bull in a china shop.
Sounds like you've made a decision that works best for your operation, although I think GL parts response will be much better then PG's I really don't see a whole lot of difference in the GL and the Magnums Put them side by side and they look the same. I'll stick with my Z and Larry will stick with his T's it's what works best for your operation that makes sense.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
The major snowstorm kept them from getting out of Lebanon.

You can always chat with them on the phone.

Is 5 to 6 thousand the size of all your lawns? If so I would be looking at skid sprayers instead of ride on sprayers.