Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundguys View Post
last season we did 2k flyers. this season we are doing 25k flyers. i always expect a 1% return. HOWEVER it doesn't always work that way. one area we did 500 flyers and only got one. the one was also 3 months later. no other calls period. On the other hand one street we got 7 regular customers and a mulch/plant job. it's all a crap shoot. only guarantees in advertising is if you don't do it you won't get many calls
also what works for us might not work for you. just have to get up and do something. anything . also I'm still learning. i also will probably stop doing flyers next season or the one after.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would be very happy with a 1% return. That would mean I would need to hand 2500 to hit my goal no biggie.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo View Post
I would be very happy with a 1% return. That would mean I would need to hand 2500 to hit my goal no biggie.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would recommend a higher amount then. do 3500 to make sure you get you target amount. that way if you get more you can enjoy the extra money and buy me a beer next time i get down to Springfield .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundguys View Post
I would recommend a higher amount then. do 3500 to make sure you get you target amount. that way if you get more you can enjoy the extra money and buy me a beer next time i get down to Springfield .
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo View Post
Oh yeah I can't figure out why anyone would even do it at home the cost of ink alone would be outrageous. I'm going as professional as possible logoing the truck professionally embroidering nice collared button down shirts etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like your doing what should be done. Image is everything. Good luck, any questions I would be happy to help with. Or if you just wanna chat cause we are both new to the game. Take care
Old 01-11-2014, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
You're correct. Much like building a retaining wall is not hard, building a web site is not difficult. Keeping the wall from falling over, or getting the web site found, are the hard parts.

Re: Facebook Pages, unless you have a built in audience, or can quickly grow (a legitimate) one, it has very little, inherent value. For the vast majority of LCO's, it doesn't have much more value than the link juice provided on your Page to your site.

That's a good point. I guess how fast someone wants to grow would dictate how effective and how expensive a website may need to be. Thanks for pointing that out.