Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-11-2014, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
It has nothing to do with Husky or any other manu. RM is no different than all the rest, and can't get around what is, and what is, is- the EPA is choking this industry to death.
But where RM by themselves may have been able to generate enough "good" credits with clean machines to be able to keep making some of the "dirty" ones, when they were bought by Husq, if Husq already had too many "dirty" ones, then they would probably get rid of the "dirty" RedMax ones as opposed to the "dirty" Husq ones to still keep making the dirty Husq ones.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I cant say enough about the husky's... 326's all the way. Super light, plenty of power for normal stuff and soo affordable. The heads are easy and durable and they just keep running... which is the main point.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
But where RM by themselves may have been able to generate enough "good" credits with clean machines to be able to keep making some of the "dirty" ones, when they were bought by Husq, if Husq already had too many "dirty" ones, then they would probably get rid of the "dirty" RedMax ones as opposed to the "dirty" Husq ones to still keep making the dirty Husq ones.
I get what you're saying, but you need to remember that the Husky models use RM engines in them too, so it's not like Husky is keeping or promoting their brand at the expense of RM.

What we really need is a new administration that understand about the needs of those who actually get off the candy arse's and work for a living, and one that wants to see the country grow freely, not control it.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
I cant say enough about the husky's... 326's all the way. Super light, plenty of power for normal stuff and soo affordable. The heads are easy and durable and they just keep running... which is the main point.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
Tell ya what im a die hard redmax fan but I may go buy one of these...... As many good reports on the 326 its gotta be a good one....... I can tell ya though the 323 that we have can be picked up and used daily at cemeterys but none of my guys ever touch it...... some of my guys are bias to the redmax's because they ran them for a few years before I bought the husky but all my new hired kids try both and in the end like a red one. Wish I could find someone to use the husky just to keep time off of one of my redmaxs!!! LOL

So can anyone vouch that the 326 is a better trimmer than the 323?? If not there would be no sense in me buying one. Also just out of curiousity, the fellas that love these huskys, have you tried a redmax tr2350??
Old 01-11-2014, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What makes the 326 better than the 323 is the fact that the exhaust runs differently so that your elbow doesn't get hot or warm like it can on the 323 depending on how you hold the 323. The 326 also has a skid plate to protect the bottom of the engine head when sitting it down on a trailer or truck bed to re-fuel. Both have solid shafts in them.

I haven'r ran a 2350, but my main dealer is a RM dealer, and every time I go in there I pick one up and swing it around like I would trimming, and for me, the Husky's are just better balanced. Enough so that I can't get myself to lay down money on the RM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I have tried the RM2350 quite a bit and it is pretty close indeed. I just don't like the balance of red max and the dealer.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well that does it then!!!!! Ill try out a 326 husky. The main reason I hated the 323 was because it fried my elbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to wear a elbow wrap because that exhaust blew right out on you......

I know its a long time from now but when spring gets here ill do a side by side comparison and get back on and give my opinion. Ill try not to be biased to the redmax.......... I do love them but im always up for finding something better. Just like my wife........ Ive been trying to find a replacement for her for a few years now...... When the right one comes along. POOF, im gonna give her a football kick to the ass! LOL JOKE JOKE!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned Husky trimmers the last 6 years. I have 2- 223 and 1- 326. One 223 needed a pull cord spring replaced after 5 years and I repaired it and gave it to my son. He thinks he is a lawn pro know. I do not know about the other brands out there. I do know that this old man likes the Husky.