Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
If you put out 75 of those and got 7 calls, that's above average performance. If you turned all 7 calls into sales, that's an above average closing ratio…this could be an indication that your prices might be too low.

How much did each of those 7 jobs sell for?
Well i priced them at $25. They are smaller than a quarter arcre. It took me about 45mins to an hour to cut, trim, and cleanup. I have a wb now so it will be much faster. This year, i'm going to keep my current jobs at my current price, but make $30 probably my lowest unless they are really small.

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 01-13-2014, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szykan View Post
I wouldn't change the flyer. Although you could ad a testimonial of one of your existing customers on there. You got 7 jobs by passing out 75 flyers. That is 10-20x what normal return on flyers is. Don't be surprised if your return rate drops. Start off with 1000 and go from there.
You should be able able to pass out anywhere from 50-125 flyers an hour depending on the nieghbor hood. Good luck and keep asking questions.
Actually my friend said he would help so that is a plus

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

And another thing, do you think i should change my flyer much? I can get it printed really cheap which is why i gravitate towards the way i have it now.

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 01-13-2014, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It doesn't look real professional but its working exceptionally well and the neighborhoods you claim to target may have a better response to it the way it is thinking they couldn't afford you if you had a really nice flyer. I'm generally all for finding ways to improve business in ant aspect but with a 10% conversion rate I have to say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
As for how many fliers if you get a more normal conversion rate it would take 2-5k
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
It doesn't look real professional but its working exceptionally well and the neighborhoods you claim to target may have a better response to it the way it is thinking they couldn't afford you if you had a really nice flyer. I'm generally all for finding ways to improve business in ant aspect but with a 10% conversion rate I have to say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
As for how many fliers if you get a more normal conversion rate it would take 2-5k
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea, and plus i don't have a fortune to spend on flyers, and i like how i can just right the price down on em, so at the moment the homeowner looks at the flyer, they know what they are getting and for what price. So they don't have to bug me to come quote their yard.

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
Yea, and plus i don't have a fortune to spend on flyers, and i like how i can just right the price down on em, so at the moment the homeowner looks at the flyer, they know what they are getting and for what price. So they don't have to bug me to come quote their yard.
I have seen guys have a place to write the quote on the back of business cards. Then they leave them on doors like a flyer. That could be an option for you if money is tight and you wanted business cards also. btw, I like the flyer, like others said it is probly good for areas you are targeting.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have seen guys have a place to write the quote on the back of business cards. Then they leave them on doors like a flyer. That could be an option for you if money is tight and you wanted business cards also. btw, I like the flyer, like others said it is probly good for areas you are targeting.
I saw that last year...as I walked up to ring the door bell for an estimate the customer requested. Before I rang the bell I put hanger in my folder. I got the account for $5 more per week than the estimate on the door hanger. I smile everytime I go to that account, and it has turned out to be one of my best customers.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I'm actually going to order some business cards from vista print. No idea how many yet, but one of my friends dad cuts grass, and he ordered them fro there, and they are very high quality for the price. I might consider doing something like that where i can write the quote on it. Especially if that person did not get a door hanger, and needs to know how much it will be to do the job.

18 Regualar Accounts
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
I'm actually going to order some business cards from vista print. No idea how many yet, but one of my friends dad cuts grass, and he ordered them fro there, and they are very high quality for the price. I might consider doing something like that where i can write the quote on it. Especially if that person did not get a door hanger, and needs to know how much it will be to do the job.
If you do order them from vista print, make your own design. Their templates and "cookie cutter" cards are VERY common. you don't want to hand someone your card and have it look like the one the other guy them. I did the vista print cards last year about this time, and I saw 2 people using the exact same cards as me. Either make them yourself or have them designed. The cost is well worth it. If you use a vista print card and loose one customer because they called the guy with the same card then you lost more than the cost of a one off card.

Its about branding. 5 companies using the same card doesn't make a brand. it makes vista print money from the oblivious people who think they are being original.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

You could make some really nice flyers with free online flyer makers or free flyer templates in Microsoft Word.

Tags
2014 , amount , door , hanger