Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by growearth View Post
It's like .. We are not claiming we are better than everyone ..
1.) Why not? 2.) The door hanger reinforces this claim.

Quote:
All I am asking from the designer - give me a bright colored flyer..
A paid designer did this? You really should find someone else. I was assuming that was a DIY effort. To think that you seem to be paying for it really concerns me.

Quote:
Point we are trying to make is ...
We are in your area and we will be more than happy to take upon a new customer ..
If I get 5 door hangers hanging from the knob, and 4 of them look like they are from professional-appearing companies, those 4 have the leg up. If I am looking for discount lawn care, you're the company I'm calling, because that's the image you're presenting me. Use that Google Image Search query, compare your mock up to those, and you'll see what I mean.

Regarding the grammar and punctuation issues (if I'm incorrect, no disrespect is intended), I get the sense that English might not be your first language. If it's not, the issues are perfectly understandable. If you need an assist on that, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
That's 1/2% return yes :-) just being realistic .. That's 50 new calls - & I doubt we will close on all 50 .. But there's definitely enough return from the investment in flyers .. Thank you again .. My main goal here is a bright colored flyer..

That's what the designer pitched .. N here we are :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
are you paying for this to be done? Are you paying a designer? No bs it looks super busy and cheesy. a better design might get a better return on investment. i took a graphic design class in hs for votech (accidentally it was labeled as a marketing class & i was hoping to learn marketing) i was the worst in the class. my flyer is leaps and bounds better. Remember k.i.s.s. also if you do your own printing all these colors are going to cost you more $$. why not just print on yellow cardstock? Also remember if old people can't read it. it's going straight to trash can.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No - will get it printed professionally ..

Note taken on toning down yellow ..

Please note - this is a rough draft sent to me by the designer - based on my requirements ...

1) bright background
2) simple wording (I m definitely changing the wording).. Any suggestions welcome

Again thank you .. Sincerely
Posted via Mobile Device
first sorry i didn't see this. I am curious what are you paying for 1k flyers? (I do my own so wanted to know if I'm saving) the designer sucks and i would find someone else. Hopefully you where not charged very much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Wording .. I shall change ..

This was done based on us asking for a bright back ground

This is what I prefer :

Hello Neighbor!
We already service your community

Grow Earth will like to provide you with a FREE estimate for lawn care services

Our weekly mowing price.......,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
1.) Why not? 2.) The door

hanger reinforces this claim.

A paid designer did this? You really should find someone else. I was assuming that was a DIY effort. To think that you seem to be paying for it really concerns me.

If I get 5 door hangers hanging from the knob, and 4 of them look like they are from professional-appearing companies, those 4 have the leg up. If I am looking for discount lawn care, you're the company I'm calling, because that's the image you're presenting me. Use that Google Image Search query, compare your mock up to those, and you'll see what I mean.

Regarding the grammar and punctuation issues (if I'm incorrect, no disrespect is intended), I get the sense that English might not be your first language. If it's not, the issues are perfectly understandable. If you need an assist on that, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
This is what I prefer :

Hello Neighbor!
We already service your community

Grow Earth will like to provide you with a FREE estimate for lawn care services

Our weekly mowing price.......,,
Hello, neighbor!
Did you know that we already service your community?
Grow Earth makes it easy for you, so here is our FREE estimate to take care of your lawn care needs!

If you are giving them the quote via the door hanger, it's not "will" or "would" like to provide you, because you are providing it.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Again .. The design is just a rough draft based on what we asked .. :-) in other words my requirements suck

I can get 10000 flyers printed for roughly $650

We can distribute them in 2 weeks ...

But again .. My focus/goals are

1) grab attention with yellow (it's too bright, I get it)

2) guy mowing the lawn - obviously it's a lawn mowing ad

3) Price - us giving you a PRICE .. Is what's gonna MAKE OR BREAK THE DEAL (initial call )

4) Angie's list awards (personally I hate that site) but again it kinda focuses attention on us providing good service

4) we will only hit neighborhoods we are already in - 2 weeks we shall have m distributed

[

QUOTE=allaroundguys;4936368]first sorry i didn't see this. I am curious what are you paying for 1k flyers? (I do my own so wanted to know if I'm saving) the designer sucks and i would find someone else. Hopefully you where not charged very much.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Again .. The design is just a rough draft based on what we asked .. :-) in other words my requirements suck

I can get 10000 flyers printed for roughly $650

We can distribute them in 2 weeks ...

But again .. My focus/goals are

1) grab attention with yellow (it's too bright, I get it)

2) guy mowing the lawn - obviously it's a lawn mowing ad

3) Price - us giving you a PRICE .. Is what's gonna MAKE OR BREAK THE DEAL (initial call )

4) Angie's list awards (personally I hate that site) but again it kinda focuses attention on us providing good service

4) we will only hit neighborhoods we are already in - 2 weeks we shall have m distributed

[

QUOTE=allaroundguys;4936368]first sorry i didn't see this. I am curious what are you paying for 1k flyers? (I do my own so wanted to know if I'm saving) the designer sucks and i would find someone else. Hopefully you where not charged very much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]
Id say that's a pretty good price for someone else doing it. also he gave you what you asked for. maybe a different guy mowing. id tweak it around if i where you. at the end of the day you want people to call. On my flyers one of my big concerns is how easy for it to read and if it clearly states what I'm trying to do. just food for thought. good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I am very thankful for your comment & understand what you are saying ..

To me .. All I want is listing basic services .. What every company normally offers ..
It's like .. We are not claiming we are better than everyone .. All I am asking from the designer - give me a bright colored flyer..
I am looking for SIMPLICITY - simple words (any changes will be welcome)
Point we are trying to make is ...
We are in your area and we will be more than happy to take upon a new customer ..
Posted via Mobile Device
Why don't you want your potential clients to think you're better than everyone?

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan

"Treat employees like they make a difference and they will." - Jim Goodnight

Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am OK with the yellow--bright is eye-catching. I would make the print bigger, bolder, even if you have to drop"blowing the drives or weed whipping". Some people don't know what that means. I would enlarge the coupon...AND...call it a "same street discount". Very logical, people will understand this quickly.
And I would increase the coupon to first mowing free for new customers. After all, if you mow 30 times per year--you are giving away only 1/30th of the sale. (3 percent.)
The shield or whatever it is, next to "weed whipping" is very small, omit.

TonyGreek is right--there are dozens of printers who can print you a better door hanger, cheaper, and put your name and logo on it. Google them. If you are going to the trouble of handing these out by the thousand...you might as well make it a top-quality door hanger. No sense walking 20 miles per day to hand out a low-response brochure.
Contact info. not good enough. Always have a call for immediate action. Call now! Limited time offer! Take advantage of this limited offer now! Cartoon mower--not good enough. Best to have a photo of a really handsome-as-a-model guy, dressed in a spiffy uniform standing with a crisp brand new mower in the background.
Is there any way you can claim your mowing is better for the grass or the results are better than with homeowner equipment? Sharper blades, clipping pick-up, mulching, wide cushion tires, straight lines guaranteed, edged to perfection?
http://www.layoutready.com/Microsoft...B0380701D.aspx
Old 01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For that price i would expect a higher quality product. I paid less than that for double sides full color door hangers. Yes I only got 5k cards, but the quality by far surpasses the quantity.
Posted via Mobile Device