Register free!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Kichler has an even better one, IMO. For instance, it took us 3 years to get enough Kichler points to qualify. But now they're taking me and my wife to an all-expense paid trip to Turks & Caicos. At a Beaches resort, no less! All food, excursions, drinks, equipment, rentals, airfare, etc. all paid for. Friggin' sweet trip. The only other place in our industry where you can even come close to getting free trips like that is via Rain Bird, in the irrigation portion of our industry. And I go on their trips too. We're leaving for one of them in 5 days to Cabo. But the Kichler trips are 2x as nice! The point is, there are some other very nice aspects of the lighting industry that are just the icing on the cake! Why give that to someone else?!
See you in Turks & Caiacos!

Rob
www.customturfinc.com
Old 01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh! That's where I knew the name from. I got the list of attendees the other day in the mail and I saw "Custom Turf" listed there. I was telling my wife, "I know that name from somewhere." I was thinking it was from the RB trip. You guys are RB Select Contractors. Were you at Cabo as well? Anyway, now I remember why I know the name...

Did you see this video about the resort? This got me twice as stoked for the trip. This place looks amazing. We can't wait. Be sure to say hi at the conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5Ek59-q4I#t=540

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Ahhh! That's where I knew the name from. I got the list of attendees the other day in the mail and I saw "Custom Turf" listed there. I was telling my wife, "I know that name from somewhere." I was thinking it was from the RB trip. You guys are RB Select Contractors. Were you at Cabo as well? Anyway, now I remember why I know the name...

Did you see this video about the resort? This got me twice as stoked for the trip. This place looks amazing. We can't wait. Be sure to say hi at the conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5Ek59-q4I#t=540

I did see the video... I think my kids watch it daily. I am bringing my three kids since it is such a kid friendly resort. Looks insane!

We are a RB Select Contractor and my boss (the owner) went on the Cabo trip. He said he had a great time and it was very informative.

See you there!

Rob
www.customturfinc.com
Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I didn't let my 3 kids watch that video. They would have loved it and been even more jealous than they already are. But We're taking them to Hawaii later this year. They'll have fun then. This is a relaxing trip just for us.

Ok. I thought I saw that name on the RB Cabo list as well. Although I don't know if I ever met them or not. Anyway, we'll look forward to meet you all in T&C, along with at least 2 or 3 other regular members of this forum I saw on the list.

p.s. If your boss got the Cabo trip and you got this one, you got the better end of that deal, I think! Cabo was awesome. But I'm sure T&C will be twice as nice.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon