Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sprayboy you are an antagonist and most people can do without your input here. I can anyway. Dry product was SOLD to PAYING CUSTOMERS. Most of your questions were already clearly answered.

I did messup on the rate of UAN. I pictured myself mixing up with a gallon milk jug but I was looking at my notes on this today and I was using a 2.5 gallon herbicide container. So that might make this seem a bit more realistic. 3x 2.5 gallons is 7.5 gallons of UAN. I made a note of my lawn being 36K after the driveway and house/garage are removed from 40K lot size. Also the dealer told me to try 10 gallons/acre originally. That might have been OK if I had used more water, but when I first sprayed it I was putting 5 gal of UAn/30 of water and that was a bit burn happy.

So I used rough math of 3lbs N/gallon of UAN in my notes. Actual math shows 3.3 lbs N/gal. I used 7.5 gallons of UAN on my 36K or 24.75 lbs of N. Sounds a bit more realistic, I know. So forgive my mistakes. I typed a response here using memory and I visualized myself with a milk jug. It was an old herbicide jug.

So green all year for $8 yes, and if you don't like that you know where you can kiss it. I made an honest mistake here. Anyone want to ask something or try to add to the conversation let's hear it.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone ever used Harness? Haha
Old 01-22-2014, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
Anyone ever used Harness? Haha
sorry man, I thought it was a simple response related to that.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Antagonist? If that is your opinion then that is fine. As I recall I first responded to the OP with Q&A about the product.

I have been spraying liquid fert for over 20 years so when someone says one app of UAN keeps a lawn green all year catches my eye. I wanted to learn more how I could save money and do a better job but all I keep getting is a changing story on every response. I am always looking at new ideas and products that might help turf health.