Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2003, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 36

My Toro 36" with floating deck and t bar is frustrating the heck out of me. It seems that the right side has run out of room to adjust both the drive belt and brake. I put a new belt and still same problem. Is the axle worn or something? Doesn't seem to make a hole lot of sense.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 36"

I also use a 36" floating deck with T-bar.(Toro) We are having an issue with a horrible noise coming from the right side where the belt wraps around the spindle. In idle it makes the noise but when it is in drive it does not make the noise. Funny! We just ordered the new belts and hope that it corrects our issue. On the other hand I am sorry to hear about your problems. Does this mower give you problems consistantly.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a Toro Proline 32" WB and have experienced the same problem. After scratching my head for what seemed like an eternity I realized that I made more left turns than rights because the discharge is on the right. Picture yourself mowing around a tree. You will most likely mow counterclockwise to keep debris away. After that I just bought more belts expecting to replace them. I no longer blame the factory for that issue.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

IF you have run out of adjustment on the brake and the belt you cant be adjusting it right, that brake adjuster has alot of travel. make sure you are tightening the wing nut on the brake rod, and loosening the black peice on the control arm. is this a new unit or older? make sure the shaft on the transmission is turning and output pulley is turning.