Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is size that big of a factor for you when youre doing entire landscapes? Or do you just like it for convenience?
I have to keep my machines small to fit in tight yards and on 10k trailers
Old 01-26-2014, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Look forward to hearing what decision you make.

Do you use or even have a need for a mini track loader at your level? I have obviously read your whole thread but I can't recall if you addressed this previously. If so, any particular brand that stood out for you?

Just because you are the resident L.S business guru doesn't mean that we can't get our "tool head" cravings quenched.... LoL

thanks..
Old 01-27-2014, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Toro Dingo 425 wide track with about 10 different implements. The guys do like it for tight patio prep work and planting work. We also have a snowblower on it that works very well in the winter.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That was the exact answer that I was looking for!!!!!

I have looked into the mini's for a while and folks seem to really like the ditch witch and vermeers.

I like Bobcat as a company, but the MT's leave a lot to be desired in the power category.

The dingo has been my first choice for a while and hearing that that is what you guys run makes me stoked.

I think a really interesting thing is that the dingo is such a great tool for the solo operator and also the multiple crew company as well. (I am currently solo but have plans for expansion by 2016)

It comes down to really just making tasks that much easier...
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Shop work continues this winter as we brought the job boxes home from our sites and are redoing the interiors. This is the first time they've both been back here in well over a year. They usually get moved from site to site.

New shelving is going in and making room for newer hardscape tools.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's a pic of my work truck a few months ago getting some minor work done

new injection pump, low pressure pump, aftermarket lift pump, head studs, valve job, oil coolers, plus some other stuff.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Shop work continues this winter as we brought the job boxes home from our sites and are redoing the interiors. This is the first time they've both been back here in well over a year. They usually get moved from site to site.
I've seen this thread for years, but don't recall every diving in. Skimming through, the "Denver, PA" caught my eye. Having just relocated to Lancaster, PA, from Columbus, Ohio (and before that, approximately a half mile from Grunder's HQ. lol) and cross-referencing active members on this site, I feel like I'm peeling back the layers of an onion. Looks like one to pour a pot of coffee for and settle in. Great thread, etwman.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post

New shelving is going in and making room for newer hardscape tools.
How many job boxes do you have now?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Two, but I think a third is in the cards this year.