Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Watch the documentary called "The Secret". Everyone can have whatever they want in life, They just have to believe in it. Its called "The law of attraction".
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just one thing..
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2014, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good call nightshutter....

While reading I was going to mention the law of attraction..

Some people take it too far but one thing is for certain...

It works........

How do I know?

It worked for me....

Ever hear of NBA players that visualize themselves hitting free throw shots right before they shoot?

This is the law of attraction at work and it is an amazing and powerful thing......
Old 01-27-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its worked for me!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too.... I actually applied the principals in another part of my life some years ago.....

I have only owned my own business now for just about 1 year and I am applying those same principles that I learned back then to my company now.

I do believe however, that the law of attraction can only work, or will only work for somebody if they have a true passion for what they are doing. Ever hear of the phrase, "I eat, sleep, and breath _______" Well, that is one aspect of how the law works.

In fact, I will let everybody that is interested in on a little secret....... The fact that you are reading this right now, the fact that you putting time and energy to be on this forum is already a good start. If you are truly passionate about this business and truly enjoy all aspects of it..... If you wake up in the middle of the night to take notes on different business tactics.... If your wife is talking to you about her sisters baby shower and all you are thinking about is a better way to topdress this spring.... You are on your way....

How good does it feel to WANT to do your job?

Do you realize how lucky we are to truly love what we do?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Me too.... I actually applied the principals in another part of my life some years ago.....

I have only owned my own business now for just about 1 year and I am applying those same principles that I learned back then to my company now.

I do believe however, that the law of attraction can only work, or will only work for somebody if they have a true passion for what they are doing. Ever hear of the phrase, "I eat, sleep, and breath _______" Well, that is one aspect of how the law works.

In fact, I will let everybody that is interested in on a little secret....... The fact that you are reading this right now, the fact that you putting time and energy to be on this forum is already a good start. If you are truly passionate about this business and truly enjoy all aspects of it..... If you wake up in the middle of the night to take notes on different business tactics.... If your wife is talking to you about her sisters baby shower and all you are thinking about is a better way to topdress this spring.... You are on your way....

How good does it feel to WANT to do your job?

Do you realize how lucky we are to truly love what we do?
"I eat, sleep, & breath owning a business." Definitely my phrase.

As I've said so many times before that I want to be out of the field as soon as possible, I thoroughly enjoy doing the work but I enjoy making tons of money more. Therefore my true passion isn't necessarily doing lawn/landscape/snow services because down the road I'd like to sell the business for a nice 7-8 figure profit (ie. Tony Bass) and move onto the next profitable venture.

I find myself thinking business nonstop when I'm awake, lots of nights I'll sit in bed and think of something business related that'll be more efficient or a good idea when it comes to implementing "xx system" and have to type it into my phone, I've also ran numbers in my head to lull myself to sleep

I'm heading out to dinner & beers with a couple buddies later tonight that own a partnership irrigation/landscape/snow biz together and while they'll talk about the next party or bar outing we'll go to in a couple weeks or something non-business, something business related is always running in my mind, a true passion of owning a company. Especially because today I've created a few great systems that I just want to keep working on through the night until I fall asleep at my desk.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

True success isn't measured on how many clients you have or a bank statement. If you succeed in your walk with God, you will succeed in your life’s goals. True lasting success comes only from God.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
True success isn't measured on how many clients you have or a bank statement. If you succeed in your walk with God, you will succeed in your lifeís goals. True lasting success comes only from God.
Thank you sir! Couldn't agree more!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto to Above Par ...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Confidence is great! and a definite piece of the puzzle, I find myself second guessing myself sometimes and getting second opinions, normally I'm not far off but I still like to hear from those that have been there done that just to confirm my idea's and get others opinions and experiences. I never really think about my religious views, I know that as long as I keep God in the #1 slot I'm confident everything else will fall into place as it should, that's the ultimate confidence. We're not here to preach but to hopefully help our fellow businessman get better as we get better ourselves.