Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan42093 View Post
You should think about getting a decent point-and-shoot camera for like $70, and taking your own pictures. It's something to talk about when you show the website to people, and it keeps you from spending money on expensive stock pictures (or obtaining them illegally).
I agree on getting my own pictures as well. I'm all ears about the $70 camera. The last three cameras were a kodak, sony, kodak. All between $300-400. I know sometimes the cheaper you go the better luck you have with them.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok fellers.. I'm tired of hearing about the stock pictures so here are the new ones until spring when I can post some better ones. I came in 3rd place to replacing tobey mcguire as the 4th place spiderman by the way...
Old 01-19-2014, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If that's your idea of funny, it needs a bit more work. Maybe some ironic pictures, say, that still have the TruGreen logo on them? Definitely not pictures that make me think, "This guy is probably serious, is likely petulant, and seems to have zero respect for anyone who has taken the time to provide him useful, constructive, feedback.".
Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

tonygreek, I offer my apologies. I absolutely think that you probably should be running the super bowl ads instead of helping a lowlife like me on lawnsite.. I had several emails after posting this website on here wanting to report me for illegal pesticide use.. The head of the Maryland Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide Division emailed me on my website on a sunday at 4:46 PM. I called Mr. Howard today and he has no knowledge of any email. I ask a mod to close this thread.. PLEASE...
Old 01-28-2014, 04:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I didn't find anything wrong with your site, but I do like the tips of what people have said about your home page grass photo so far. Have you thought about downsizing it at all? Maybe making it half the overall height in the screen, that way someone can see a little more then just a name, phone number, and some grass without having to scroll down the page a bunch...

Little thing:
http://aaronslawnservice.net/services.html

On this page ^^^^ The part where it says "Fertilizer and Weed Control Program", the spacing on the words doesn't load up right. "Control" and "Program" are about THIS ............. FAR from each other. Maybe its just my browser though... idk.
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you my man! The our story debate is a good one.. I'm a honest person...and I have reconsidered telling my story of my grandfathers... If they don't delete this whole thing.... I'm not doing anything or saying anything til tony greek forgives me.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I figured out from your above post that 'MDA" from your website stands for Maryland Department of Agriculture. Perhaps you should spell this out so that visitors aren't distracted by the meaning and it could lend legitimacy to you. I'd also include this everywhere your name, address, and pone number are posted -which should be everywhere.

Besides the images being generic they also don't include ALT information, which is very important to Google and other search engines.

I don't see any meta descriptions, which is very important in helping Google display your information to searchers.

The title tags need to include your keywords.

The services page headings and paragraphs are nice but each service should have its own page to attract more focused attention from search engines.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

excellent, I am getting ideas for my own and I really like how yours came out.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692