Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2014, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Where in your opinon are some good places to get better edjucated on SEALCOATING?

I am a small business owner who specializes in log home restoration. This summer I will be adding sealcoating to my business. My intention with this post is to ask where a good place to inquire some additional info on this trade would be, as this will be my first year of doing it. I have done it in the past a few times so I have a bit of an understanding about it. My main concern is to run it honestly and efficiently and gain some respect in the trade and make it profitable. All opinions and comments are welcome.
Thank you!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Respect cannot be bought, or learned, you will have to earned it with years of doing the trade.

There use to be a good seal coating forums, called the NAPA, that had great resources, for some reason, it does not exist anymore. If anyone knows what happened to it, let me know, I'm trying to find old seal coating friends. But I guess in the meantime you can use this forum

For experience, In my opinion hands on experience is the best... I worked for a different company for 3 years before starting my own, it was the place where I learned everything, did a lot of screw up and over spray with them. Then when I started my own, I already knew all the tricks of the trades, what to do and what not to do.

Hope this helps, Cheers

-Gauvreau
Complete lawn care services