Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Will the cities be cracking down with water restrictions?

I sent you a PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2014, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
Will the cities be cracking down with water restrictions?

I sent you a PM
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not sure on that yet. We did hear on the news that a lot of residents are actually calling the city because they don't know how to program or reprogram their irrigation controller. Also that neighbors are reporting on each other about wasting or using to much water. It's super dry here right now. Sorry I just got your PM. I don't check them that often. Sounds good I will see when I can text you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I love the truck you have built! I just purchased a box truck today and will be making my own ramp system. I was wondering what hinges you used for the ramp on your truck? It looks like a bullet hinge but wasn't sure. I want to make sure it will hold the weight of the mowers going up and down many times a day! Some of your annual plantings look awesome as well. Great color choices. Might have to steal a few color ideas!

Zack
Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=CELC99;4959437]I love the truck you have built! I just purchased a box truck today and will be making my own ramp system. I was wondering what hinges you used for the ramp on your truck? It looks like a bullet hinge but wasn't sure. I want to make sure it will hold the weight of the mowers going up and down many times a day! Some of your annual plantings look awesome as well. Great color choices. Might have to steal a few color ideas! :

Zack[/QUOTE

Thanks for the compliments. Also let me congratulate you on your new truck. I will tell you from experience, it's the best decision you will have made for your operation. You'll be amazed on how much time you will save versus pulling a trailer. And when it comes to turning, these trucks are the best. I see a lot of guys on here with big fancy trucks and expensive wraped trailers, these trucks are the future of this industry. I think we went with 4 inch bullet hinges. I would recommend going with bigger hinges if you are going to be putting big machines on your truck. We take pride in our annual flower color design.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome Work!

You have a great thread here... I lived in Southern California for about a year when I was in my early twenties and seeing your pictures makes me feel nostalgic.. Even though Fresno is a long way from Pacific Beach San Diego!

Your lawn truck is great but in terms of the future of the industry I don't know about that..... There are a lot of us that have to collect grass and bring it with us and with your style of truck, there is nowhere to put grass or yard debris or mulch or soil or leaves or stone.... Sure the SuperLawnTrucks have an option for a little dump bin in between the cargo hold and the cab but that only holds a small amount of material.

A one ton dump truck combined with an enclosed trailer is really hard to beat up here in the northeast. But so many factors go into it... A completely commercial crew that is not collecting could possibly get away with it....

Anyway, really really impressive work my friend! I look forward to seeing more!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Awesome Work!

You have a great thread here... I lived in Southern California for about a year when I was in my early twenties and seeing your pictures makes me feel nostalgic.. Even though Fresno is a long way from Pacific Beach San Diego!

Your lawn truck is great but in terms of the future of the industry I don't know about that..... There are a lot of us that have to collect grass and bring it with us and with your style of truck, there is nowhere to put grass or yard debris or mulch or soil or leaves or stone.... Sure the SuperLawnTrucks have an option for a little dump bin in between the cargo hold and the cab but that only holds a small amount of material.

A one ton dump truck combined with an enclosed trailer is really hard to beat up here in the northeast. But so many factors go into it... A completely commercial crew that is not collecting could possibly get away with it....

I'llway, really really impressive work my friend! I look forward to seeing more!
I get what you're saying. We bag every lawn here. And our truck has a box right behind the cab for clippings and debris.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

71 degree weather here. Turf is looking green and good.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
71 degree weather here. Turf is looking green and good.
Yea same up here. We have been having some light showers and with this warm weather all grasses are really green.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
Yea same up here. We have been having some light showers and with this warm weather all grasses are really green.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you provide fertilizing as a service or do you sub it out.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Do you provide fertilizing as a service or do you sub it out.
Fertilizing is added into our contracts.
Posted via Mobile Device