Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #181  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
Hey guys,
So my pc bit the dust so I had to upgrade and am now thinking about getting pro landscape instead of a newer version of Realtime Landscaping. To those of you who have been using it over the course of a few years, do you regret the purchase. It seem that most are extremely pleased with it, but I am concerned that I have zero experience with CAD. Are the classes and tutorials aimed towards beginners or towards somewhat advanced users. Thanks.
The tutorials that come with the program and customer support will help you out. Like said before, there is a learning curve, but with any cpu knowledge, you'll pick it up in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
its not hard to learn or pick up at all.. my only gripe is the limited use and editing of images on the image editor side... I mostly use the design (cad) and proposal elements however... it's awesome... no ones proposals look as good or are as clearly defined as mine.
Agreed, but with the newer versions, the image side of the program is getting easier to use and adding more perspective for clients. Even if it isn't exact, they still see get an idea of the final outcome. One project produced 40k in business, even if the image editor design images were rough, it still showed the client the potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
Anyone care to share some designs created with the program?
Dealing with a lot of snow right now, as soon as I get a chance, I'll post some images. Click through my link for my thread to see old images on the old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesignCO View Post
That would be great for us night owls, who can't contact cust. support during the day.
Agreed, 24 hour support would take it to the product to the next level.....








.......
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-25-2014, 12:50 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
I don't know if this will work. I never posted a picture before, which will tell you how computer literate I am.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 01-25-2014, 01:31 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
That didn't work. Does anyone have experience with uploading files. The ones that are with ProLandscape are plp files & I do not see that type of file listed when I went to manage attachments. Maybe I'll ask this question in the question forum. Besides this the design software is great so far. I have only fooled around with it a couple of days. I bought it the end of December. i have no experience with CAD or other design software. I went to college for Architecture n the 70's & did everything by hand. ProLandscape is so much faster. I can do something in an hour that a 3D rendering would take a day.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779








__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-26-2014, 07:52 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
That didn't work. Does anyone have experience with uploading files. The ones that are with ProLandscape are plp files & I do not see that type of file listed when I went to manage attachments. Maybe I'll ask this question in the question forum. Besides this the design software is great so far. I have only fooled around with it a couple of days. I bought it the end of December. i have no experience with CAD or other design software. I went to college for Architecture n the 70's & did everything by hand. ProLandscape is so much faster. I can do something in an hour that a 3D rendering would take a day.
You have to export the file to a PDF or JPEG. Just go to file, and hit Export.



.......
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
I will try it again.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 01-30-2014, 12:49 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 576
I think I have figured out the picture loading, so here it goes.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03-15-2014, 08:42 AM
xtreem3d's Avatar
xtreem3d xtreem3d is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 713
I used to use Drafix before switching to Viz-Terra so this might not apply to newer versions but in example #3 it looks like "Maple" ( maybe it's something else) was chosen in Autumn and the rest of the landscape is summer foliage..so to me it looks a bit odd, not a knock at all just bringing it up. ,
Steve
__________________
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
Ground Effects LLC
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 PM
dieselfuel dieselfuel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
I used to use Drafix before switching to Viz-Terra so this might not apply to newer versions but in example #3 it looks like "Maple" ( maybe it's something else) was chosen in Autumn and the rest of the landscape is summer foliage..so to me it looks a bit odd, not a knock at all just bringing it up. ,
Steve
This was one of my biggest issues with the software.... it shows all plants in flowering stage. I just explain that to the clients and it all works out. They're usually just happy with seeing their personal property in a nice rendering like that.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 PM
xtreem3d's Avatar
xtreem3d xtreem3d is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
This was one of my biggest issues with the software.... it shows all plants in flowering stage. I just explain that to the clients and it all works out. They're usually just happy with seeing their personal property in a nice rendering like that.
I agree completely...plus I think it's fun to use software like this
__________________
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
Ground Effects LLC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.11001 seconds with 10 queries