Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=DA Quality Lawn & YS;4915915]OK, perhaps not more nimble than the Jr36 or rackable, but definitely more than the larger Z machines which I would never take on a small lawn.[/QUOot tTE]

So are you comparing the GL to a Jr36 or rackable36, if you talking about the Z-Max then duh. Different machine made for a different size of lawn. There again you have to buy the machine that fit your needs. If you want a glorified Permagreen then buy a GL, you've been comparing these machines for the last couple of years get the one that fits your needs. The GL is not in the same class as the Z-Spray or the T-3000 period.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just a note: I just posted a used T3000 for sale for a friend. Location: Pella, IA. 2009 with all upgrades except electric start. Only has 500 hours. Needs to sell by the end of the year so he can buy a new one.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

All I was saying is a Z max is not going to do well on a 4k sq ft lawn, and goes without saying can't get through gates. Guess that is why they make the two 36" wide models eh? Those are the two I am considering along with the GL (if my Mag sells, if not another season goes on it).
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-12-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

okay then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
That number should be a average year for a ride-on no matter which brand you use. I can tell you those are just average numbers for a Z-Spray
But do they use Z-Sprays everyday of the year??? You also say "nomatter what brand you use".... I call BS.

$180,000 for one person = "average numbers" ....... again I call BS.

Just guessing, ............
Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
But do they use Z-Sprays everyday of the year??? You also say "nomatter what brand you use".... I call BS.

$180,000 for one person = "average numbers" ....... again I call BS.

Just guessing, ............
Keep patting yourself on the back, again just an average year.

You should know your the biggest BS'er there ever was.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone out there use the Z Rackable? Thoughts?
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ground Logic

Have not posted in quite awhile, just lurking, but wanted to comment on the ground logic.

For me, this was the best machine. I am solo and would like to give my reviews on this machine.

1. I used a PG Centri for 11 years, this was a no brainer for me. I got the XC which is the larger machine with the 16 gal tank and 220# hopper. I hate filling up on larger lawns, but it does make it a little more difficult to turn when at full capacity. Just use common sense.

2. I got mine equipped with the 2 nozzle spray bar and HIGHLY recommend it. I have always used a 2 nozzle setup and this works great. You do have to be somewhat careful when going through tight gates as you can hit the bar if you don't go in straight. The bar is no wider than the width of the machine, but can appear to be an optical illusion the first few times.

3. The 2gal/m mechanical pump is so much better than the PG. It has a very consistent spray pattern and weed control is very good. The trim nozzle works well also, although I have a hard time seeing the spray when using it. I only use on sidewalk strips that are real narrow, and don't use it around beds, which brings me to #4.

4. The optional spray attachment is also a must. It only comes with a 15' hose, but for me it works just fine. I guess you can use a longer one, but it saves a lot of back packing and works great along beds and for tight areas. Once you get used to it, you will even be spraying along the beds while riding. I had to use a Velcro strap to hold the trigger closed when using the wand if I needed to get off the machine to spray though.

5. After almost 400 hours, the only replacement I had to do was change out the drive belt due to stretching.

6. It can be hauled on a rack without a problem. I have the original PG rack, so I had to remove the hold down on the front so the GL would clear. That was the only thing I had to do. I use a heavy tie down strap on the outer tire and a lighter tie down around the yoke on the sulky.

7. The gear shift lever is down low, so you need to bend down to shift gears. After getting used to it, you can use your foot to change gears as needed.

8. The one down side I have found is the open area between the tank and the back of the hopper. It is a small ledge and will/does collect material. I talked to Brice about this and he seemed surprised...guess no one else complained. That was an oversight in my opinion. Until I can figure out a better way, or if a fix comes along, I will continue to just roll up fert bags and stuff to close the gap and change out when needed.

Over-all I am very pleased with this unit. Like any new machine, there is learning curve, but this was very easy. You do need to get used to squeezing the trigger for the spray system to engage instead of a electrical switch like what was on the PG. There is no parking break, although I believe the newer models have them.

I use this machine on any size lawn that I can...it is that nimble.

In closing, when looking for a new machine, you need to get one that works best for you or your company. I demoed the PG Triumph, Z-intermediate and the Turfex and did not think they were a good fit for me. I tried to get a demo for the T3000, but was unable to.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the review. I am ordering one on Friday and am hoping for great results as well. What did you pay for the spray bar and what pattern does the bar give. ..20 foot? Looking forward to it though. .. No more dragging house for me yippee.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What model u getting?

The spray bar was around $220.00 I believe.

It provides around a 9' spray pattern. Remember, it isn't any wider than the machine.

Make sure to either get the spray wand...think I paid around $100.00 installed when I bought the machine.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass4gas View Post
What model u getting?

The spray bar was around $220.00 I believe.

It provides around a 9' spray pattern. Remember, it isn't any wider than the machine.

Make sure to either get the spray wand...think I paid around $100.00 installed when I bought the machine.

I am get the pathfinder. The 2014 model. I thought the standard set up have you a 10 foot spray patten
Posted via Mobile Device