Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Where to buy a Casio PDA??

After a few recommendations here I checked out the Casio 300 pda. Seems like a real nice toy at a good price. I checked out the web sites for WM, KM, Cir City, RadioS, Best Buy, Casio Home page....and I still can't find a retail outlet for these things. Yes I can order it online but I want to put my hands on it b4 I buy it..do you know of any store that sells these??? I cant imagine that the only way to buy these is on line...thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I stopped seeing them after i bought mine then they dissapeared thats why i got a jornada as a replacement, seems like there are more progs for the hp
Old 10-01-2003, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Promo..ok apparently I'm braindead today...went to hP site but I cant find "jornada"...is that the Ipaq model?? Ipaq was Compaq b4 hp bought them.I think..if so, which model do you have..dont want to spend more than $200...thanks for all your help on this...
Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi GarPA,

I couldn't find a local dealer to you. Maybe if you call them they can let you know where to find the product.

Product Help Center at Casio Headquarters

Customer Service :
800-706-2534
973-442-5707

Casio Direct Sales 9:00am to 5:00pm
Monday - Friday Products and Accessories 800-836-8580
Old 10-02-2003, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

best bet is to go on ebay and search jornada anything above the 525 is good (64k colors) and make sure it comes with charger and sync cable 75 dollars for a jornada545 and it looks like new and works better than the casio i paid 500.00 for. The jornada is bright enough for me to see the screen outdoors I had to find shade to see my casio
Old 10-02-2003, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am lost without my pda so with the info you guys gave and what I learned in a few days of research, I bought the HP IPaq..I think the model is 1945. Cost me 249 ...a bot more than the 200 I wanted to spend. Casio is nowhere to be found and Jornada is no longer made. The Ipaq has the new Pocket PC operating system which in really nice to work and slicker than the traditional Palm OS ...lots of other wireless and mp 3 gizmos which I will never use. Dam thing is so new on the market they dont have cases avaialble yet for it. Only thing I didn;t like is that it has no cover....of any kind.

I wont get this thing figured out til we get some quiet time this winter. .so for now it will be an overpriced calendar and phone book....thanks for your help guys