Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly1188 View Post
well i have two freinds that have stand ons. ones a great dane ones an exmark.. both i feel good on. my buddy says that the exmark scalpes the ground alot. the exmark dont have many rollers on the deck as the scag . i find everyone around my area use scag though and the dealer in gray has the best shop around here they only sell scag and they are the best priced to.. just aint got to stand on a scag yet... no shop with in 50 miles have one.. ive used cub cadet ztr but thought i liked the standing better than sitting.. cant find info on the scag hieght between the foot plate to the drive handles to compare exmark. if it was the same i wouldnt have to slouch...
Ok well. Im 6'5" and 265.
I once upon a Time Worked for Dane Scag during the development years of the Super Surfer (everyone needs a winter job right?)

The super surfer was the upgrade from the surfer (which you don't see many of..the super was so much better) and it had a better stance deck and a wider foot print (not to mention larger wheel pumps)

Until recently, the super surfer was the only stand on unit that had a sizable stance platform.
Wrights was quite a bit shorter (part of the over all design to fit more on a trailer) and more cramped in the hips.
(I used to play around with Jim Velke from time to time as he tried rolling the standers off hills…. he's very tall as well, but much thinner…I think he's 6'3" but might be a little bit taller)

So basically…both the super surfer and the wright stander were developed using 'test dummies' that are pretty tall.

I don't feel the same way about the exmark.

The Vride… only one I tested was a 36" unit and it was fast and tight…good machine… but I did have to stoop…. with the super surfer, you could just spread your feet out farther and get a little lower… at least on the 36" V ride… there wasn't enough room to do this.

my 2c

Tags
big guy , scag , stand on , v ride