Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

dude, just invest in a GPS system with routing tracking software for business ,management
dont "memorize road maps" It's fricken New York! People who have lived there their whole life get lost!

plus, the dude isn't dead right? So you can still contact him by phone to pick his brain, no?
Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is the quick lay of the towns is all not every street.

It's for mental comfort only , I personally have no need for NYC specifically more like if I want to run to the store I have a rough idea of my destination.

When it comes to the crews they all know where they are.
And your right I see myself using my phones gps a lot.

Like do you guys go to a court house for licenses ? Or is it somewhere else ( it will be weird to me if they look at me a nut if it was over at (city hall of city council building)
and I have even went to city board of businessfot a licenses which was the same room where the city folk bought tags for their autos , which is in my local tax assessor office.
A lot of people may not realize every state has different words to mean the same place .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

In suffolk its the department of labor. In nassau its consumer affairs. Im pretty sure if you just google bronx business license etc you will find it. This guy isnt licensed? You should be able to ask him where he got it and transfer it
Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
In suffolk its the department of labor. In nassau its consumer affairs. Im pretty sure if you just google bronx business license etc you will find it. This guy isnt licensed? You should be able to ask him where he got it and transfer it

Na he is lisened, this I know but from this site I found as you just stated most every county has to have them.

Here if it's different. I spent a few days with them and seen the licenses but it didn't hit me to say " hey where do I renew this when time comes. I won't be back for a while

Now I have confirmed it is every county..... So when I see him next I will confirm those licenses as well. Anything else I should ask to see that may differ from my state.

Does New York require permits for mowing certain things? HOA's
Maybe to advertise in areas?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

My two countiesg et you for $500 every two years. Try doing fert and some individual towns need their own thing. Some landscaperst rucks are riding around with 15 different stickers on them. Dont worry, were just as tep below california with rules
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I get a bad feeling that is why he only mows to stay out if the red tape of things. Down here as long as its not pesticides you can spray almost everything, nothing for fertilize. It sounds fun. Where would I have to drive to , to get certified if I went full service? Into NYcity or is it in each county? Here it's the state board in Nashville so I assume it's a safe guess its NYC . Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I get a bad feeling that is why he only mows to stay out if the red tape of things. Down here as long as its not pesticides you can spray almost everything, nothing for fertilize. It sounds fun. Where would I have to drive to , to get certified if I went full service? Into NYcity or is it in each county? Here it's the state board in Nashville so I assume it's a safe guess its NYC .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
Ok I get a bad feeling that is why he only mows to stay out if the red tape of things. Down here as long as its not pesticides you can spray almost everything, nothing for fertilize. It sounds fun. Where would I have to drive to , to get certified if I went full service? Into NYcity or is it in each county? Here it's the state board in Nashville so I assume it's a safe guess its NYC . Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Down here? TN? We have to be certified to spray any pesticide, whether it be herbicide, insecticide or fungicide. They are ultimately grouped under pesticide, you even need to be certified to apply liquid fert here.

As for this thread I would think long and hard about what you're getting into, NYC is a whole new ballgame from TN and will be overwhelming at best. Yes I have spent some time there but only in Manhattan, Long Island and Queens. Good luck finding a "Walmart" in the city. And more BS paperwork/permits than you can imagine.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Knox ghs your right , I wasn't considering liquid fertilize and we personally only spray a limited licenses glyphosphate
Where I am you couldn't make it killing weeds so it more I am missing I am sure. In the cities the enforce the rules in BFE it's a crap shoot at best.

Walmart isn't in the city , this I know their version would be a BJ's. or Target. My wife thinks a Walmart may be in long island but unsure it's been so long.

I know it's a mess , fun mess

Once I get my brother up there helping learning the ropes it will feel easier. I am getting the idea why this deal comes with keeping his workers for 6 years , it may take that long to get my bearings,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lol yes we have walmarts. But i don't do lawn care, just installs. The specifics of getting all the other stuff is out of my scope.
Posted via Mobile Device