Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stolen equipment from Stoneham ma

My friend just lost about $30K in equipment stolen over the weekend in Stoneham on the melrose/Malden line. back back blowers generators,cotds tools trimmers, chemicals. not sure what else but alot of smaller stuff you can throw on a truck. one good thing is they left his bobcat. this was all taken from in a locked garage.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa WTF!!!!! Dude, I grew up in Stoneham! We might know eachother.... I am 32 years old and I just moved to Upstate New York a couple years ago... Just recently started my own company up here so I joined this website but I worked for Vineyard Landscaping(Keith Doherty) for years... Also worked for Mike Lentine back in the day and even Chris Dallas waaaaaay back in the day... That is a pretty brazen theft man.... The drug problem is HORRIBLE down there right now and i'm sure it was junkies who took his ****... I mean, can you see another LCO taking that stuff to work with it? Nope
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see lentine and vineyard all the time in town. MY buddy is so pissed he needs to work but has no stuff all going to be out of pocket till the insurance kicks in if they will even cover the cost of all the stuff stolen.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How old are you man? Did you go to SHS? You know who is really killin it down there is my buddy Brian Last from Groundmasters..... That is a really well run company right there man....
Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 45 class of '85 from SHS yeah ground master is all over the place seams you can't turn your head around here with out seeing a landscape truck go by lol.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is true.... but it's cool because there are a lot of guys with a lot of knowledge out there.... Take Keith Doherty for example... He went to the Stockbridge School and also worked for Petrillo for a bunch of years.... I wouldn't even know how to start a mower if it wasn't for him.... He pretty much taught me everything I know and he also helped give me the work ethic I have... I am a solo op and when I am out there doggin it I ask myself what Keith would tell me to do... HaHa... And the answer is "Get Moving you little #@$%^!!!!!" I love that stuff though, it's not an easy business and if you can't rough it, best to go sit in a swivel chair.... Here's a funny one for you.... When I first started working for Keith, he caught me standing there with a rake in my hands.... He kicked it out of my hands and said "There! Now you don't have to hold it anymore!" HaHaHa... Man, I miss Stoneham....
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

damn, that sucks. hope they find the thieves. have him ask the det if they finger print. not all towns would do this, but if they do atleast its a start.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

That is awful! How did they get in there in the first place?

-----------------------------------
My Equipment:
2011 F-150 Ecoboost(Work Truck)
2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale(Daily Driver)
2015 Pace-American 7x16 Enclosed Trailer
2014 American Mfg 6x10 High Side Utility Trailer