Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2014, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else using Invoice2Go? Would like to hear more reviews...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrguy View Post
Anyone else using Invoice2Go? Would like to hear more reviews...
What would you like to know? It works very well. Would you like to see what the estimates and invoices look like?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quickbooks and their Intuit Payment Network.

It is really simple.

I took Quickbooks standard invoice template, added and deleted a few data fields (simple click to add, delete to delete), changed a few font sizes & colors and added my logo. Took maybe an hour total.

It takes me a minute or two to create and email an invoice to a client. For clients with recurring charges you can set it up so that the requests for payments go out automatically.

The client clicks a link in the body of the email, enters their credit card info and makes their payment.

I often, within minutes of sending out the invoice, I get email notifications that the client has made their payment.

Recording the client's payment is even easier. I log into the Intuit Payment Network, check a box and click a button and all the payment transactions are automatically recorded in Quickbooks…it applies the payment to the correct invoice, marks the invoices paid, records the deposit in the check registry, and records the transaction fee (I set my prices in anticipation of having to pay this fee…this means my clients pay the fee not me).
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
I use Quickbooks and their Intuit Payment Network.

It takes me a minute or two to create and email an invoice to a client. For clients with recurring charges you can set it up so that the requests for payments go out automatically.
Everything i read on quickbooks online says you can do this with credit cards but no mention of ACH. Can you input a customers bank info and set their account on auto pay every month also?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire3416 View Post
Everything i read on quickbooks online says you can do this with credit cards but no mention of ACH. Can you input a customers bank info and set their account on auto pay every month also?
As I understand (from investigation of ACH a couple of years ago), ACH is entirely different than credit cards. I had customers requesting this, worked with their bank to make it happen, but that was a wrong path. Initiation of the ACH process had to happen from my side (e.g. I get a voided check, then establish the process). However, I was told "you are too small." In other words, the ACH process is intended for those businesses that deal with large volumes of payment. What defines "large" and "small." Sorry, I don't know.

As much as I would like to make ACH happen, my bank told me this simply was not an option for me. I cannot help with how to initiate because I never got far enough along to reach that stage. I was screened out early in the game.

If somebody knows how "small" can make ACH work, let's hear it.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
As I understand (from investigation of ACH a couple of years ago), ACH is entirely different than credit cards. I had customers requesting this, worked with their bank to make it happen, but that was a wrong path. Initiation of the ACH process had to happen from my side (e.g. I get a voided check, then establish the process). However, I was told "you are too small." In other words, the ACH process is intended for those businesses that deal with large volumes of payment. What defines "large" and "small." Sorry, I don't know.

As much as I would like to make ACH happen, my bank told me this simply was not an option for me. I cannot help with how to initiate because I never got far enough along to reach that stage. I was screened out early in the game.

If somebody knows how "small" can make ACH work, let's hear it.
i don't know about all that. i do know there are services that offer it. intuit payment network for instance is 50 cents per ACH transaction with no additional fees. just not sure if you can set up recurring payments with it on quickbooks though
Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire3416 View Post
i don't know about all that. i do know there are services that offer it. intuit payment network for instance is 50 cents per ACH transaction with no additional fees. just not sure if you can set up recurring payments with it on quickbooks though
You can set it up so that the client automatically receives a request for payment but I believe the client still needs to log in to make the payment. I'm not sure if the client can set it up to automatically make the payment upon receipt of the request.

In other words you do a one time setup and tell Inuit Payment Network to automatically send a $50 request for payment every Tuesday to Mrs. Jones. I believe Mrs. jones then has to log in every Tuesday to make the payment…I think Mrs. Jones has to authorize her payment to be released from her account each week…I'm not sure if Mrs. Jones can automate her payment.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You can set it up so that the client automatically receives a request for payment but I believe the client still needs to log in to make the payment. I'm not sure if the client can set it up to automatically make the payment upon receipt of the request.

In other words you do a one time setup and tell Inuit Payment Network to automatically send a $50 request for payment every Tuesday to Mrs. Jones. I believe Mrs. jones then has to log in every Tuesday to make the payment…I think Mrs. Jones has to authorize her payment to be released from her account each week…I'm not sure if Mrs. Jones can automate her payment.
yea thats what i thought unfortunately. i really want to get clients signed up for autopay. i know paysimple offers it and automatically just sends a sales receipt.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Invoice2go is definitely my favorite. My only complaint is that some emails reject the invoice attachment for some reason. I have a customer that I have to screenshot the invoice and send the picture to because he never receives the email from the app.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

This sounds like a typical "bank online" procedure. The customer is merely using an online access to "cut a check," rather than pulling out the checkbook, handwriting, and sending via USPS.

Several of my customers do this. A check is issued from a processing facility and arrives to me via USPS. The customer initiates the process, either issing the same amount each month, or what is on my invoice. Some banks use the same processing facility, and it is not unusual to open an envelope and find two or three checks. The facility understands that multiple checks are going to the same address, and stuffs them in the same envelope. This happens, even though the customers are using different banks. This is not ACH.