Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2014, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Bringing this back up...

The new grass was planted back in September and has taken off great so the need for a good mower is certainly there and will be looking to buy between now and spring.

To update my original post, I would like to keep the budget around $4000, but can go over slightly if its justifiable. We have also sold some of the vacant lots, so I am down to needing to keep roughly 2 acres knocked down from time to time, but we might continue to use a tractor with brush hog for that task.

As with the original post, durability and quality of the mower itself are important factors as is the quality of cut and being able to obtain good stripes.

Thanks again for your time.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello,
I posted on the homeowner board asking opinions on the Hustler Raptor, Toro Timecutter 4260, and the Bad Boy MZ. I've come down to these three after a lot of thinking and research. For a couple of acres I'd consider bumping up each model above to the SD, the MX, and the Magnum. All probably around 4k. Dealer choice is key for me as well as warranty. QOC is maybe the most important element. I don't want to/need to go wider than 42" for maneuverability and undulations/small slopes reasons, but I only have less than an acre total.

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I wound up finding a low hour SCAG hydro walk behind for a good (I feel) price, so no longer in the market for a rider.
Posted via Mobile Device