Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-16-2014, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Don't take this personally, but I believe the word you're looking for here is Toss Up.

I'm giving some thought to trying one of those Husky 223s myself.
Haha yeah autocorrect on my ipad dosent like a lot of my words! And yeah I really like them and recommend them a lot.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube616 View Post
Haha yeah autocorrect on my ipad dosent like a lot of my words! And yeah I really like them and recommend them a lot.
IF I could do every lawn company and dealership just ONE favor, ever, It would be to start up all their 4mix stuff, run it full throttle and dump in in the nearest lake.

That would be the best thing I could do for anyone that has anything to do with anything 4mix.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
IF I could do every lawn company and dealership just ONE favor, ever, It would be to start up all their 4mix stuff, run it full throttle and dump in in the nearest lake.

That would be the best thing I could do for anyone that has anything to do with anything 4mix.
I agree with you there and my dealer would to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry guys. I don't. That's what makes a horse race though.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Sorry guys. I don't. That's what makes a horse race though.
I'll second that. Since 4 mix I have been happy with my trimmers. Wow what a difference. This isn't a what brand and why thread though. I'm hoping it stays focused on the new 94.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I love my Husky trimmer as well, and was planning on getting another one if this one ever craps out on me. It might sometime, but it's still going strong. Anyhoo, these new 94's with the roller knob have me wanting to try one.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Stohl FS 90 vs 94 vs 110

I have an older Husky 122L trimmer and it still runs good but want to upgrade to 90, 94 or 110, I think. I have nearly half a mile of grass to trim under a white plastic fence that I didn't have before. Do you think the 94 or 110 would be worth the upgrade in efficiency?

Also the dealer showed me a new string head that uses individual 6 or 8" strings that go in individually and last much longer, guess there is a fine copper thread through the line. I couldn't find it on the Stihl website. Has anyone used that?

My Husky I have to turn on end to pull more line. What head would you recommend for the Stihl?

Also, the 110 can be had with the handle bars plus a back support. Wonder if that would be worthwhile. The 94 I could handle without either as it is lighter but not sure how much more efficient it would be over my current Husky 122L.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

The head I was trying to remember is called a Kwik Loader. It uses precut trimmer line that loads individually. My salesman thought they were very good, lasted longer, easy to insert and remove line.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I have failry new 90r, kombi 110 and 100rx. The 100rx is my favorite by far is has a carbon shaft so cant take on attachments but i use the kombi for hedge trimming,chainsaw and brush cutting. I alternate the 90 and the 100 just to not let the msit to long but I notice a huge difference on going back to the 90 from the 100 (weight) the 100 has more power than I ever need wish it had the throttle control because I could set it on halfway for all my mowing jobs
Old 05-31-2014, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

It's a keeper FS 94R

I have spent the past two days trimming mature fescue under about half mile or more of fence. It hadn't been trimmed so was a combination of dead and 8" high grass. The 94 runs great with power to spare. It starts with 1-2 pulls and has a conventional screw on gas cap, not the one we've all complained about on other Stihl products. I strung it with Oregon Magnum Gator line which one dealer recommended and said a lot of his commercial people used it. It has a core of some type material. Seems to work very well and perhaps better than the Stihl line. This machine will take the thick grass all the way to dirt if necessary. I am glad I made this choice over the 90 or 100, which I'm told won't be produced after this year. As Stihl says, the 94 has one of the highest power to weight ratios around. It will take a cutting wheel but not other attachments I guess. I plan to use it as a dedicated trimmer.