Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

MowMony: Doesn't that create multiple invoices per customer?

We've been using "Batch Invoicing" to initially create our invoices at month-end and then adjust each one as necessary (rate and dates). It would be nice if QB picked up each customers "custom" pricing.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansLawnCare View Post
MowMony: Doesn't that create multiple invoices per customer?

We've been using "Batch Invoicing" to initially create our invoices at month-end and then adjust each one as necessary (rate and dates). It would be nice if QB picked up each customers "custom" pricing.
no, each recurring transaction simply creates a charge for each service you set it to charge for, on each specified date of the week. example, you set up a recurring charge for Mrs. Jones for every thursday, @ $45 for each weekly lawn service. At the end of the month, under unbilled charges summary, she will have a charge for $45, for every thursday listed in order by date, and it will show the total she has in unbilled charges (lets say 4 cuts, for $180 total). You then only have to edit this list of unbilled charges, to make corrections for skips, extra work etc. Unbilled charges summary will show all of the charges that have yet to be invoiced, broken down by customer. When you get a new lawn you just set the recurring charge for the customer, or if they cancel you delete them from recurring charges.

When all of the unbilled charges are correct and ready to bill, you then select invoice unbilled charges, and quickbooks will generate an invoice for anyone with an unbilled charge, and it emails the people setup for email and the rest print out.

hope that helps, if you have been manually entering each charge, switching to recurring transactions will save you many hours of time.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks!!

That will definitely save time over using "Batch Invoicing" since I can create a recurring transaction for each customer at their specific rate rather than going in and modifying each invoice after batch invoicing is done.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm using premier contractors edition 2013 and can't find anything that says unbilled charges summary
Old 02-16-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks!!

That will definitely save time over using "Batch Invoicing" since I can create a recurring transaction for each customer at their specific rate rather than going in and modifying each invoice after batch invoicing is done.
you are welcome!
Quote:
I'm using premier contractors edition 2013 and can't find anything that says unbilled charges summary
It should be under reports, but may be different from how its setup up on quickbooks online (which is what we use)
Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Checked with Quickbooks today. Looks like it just vor the on-line version
Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a couple of commercial accounts that want the invoices sent for the entire year at the beginning of each contract year. It really fouls up my open invoice report. Has anyone else had a client ask for this? How do you make the entry in Quickbooks?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think Quickbooks will not allow you to add sales tax to a statement.

Tags
benefits , customer , invoice , statement