Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I am wanting to get my fertilizer, spreader
License. You all talk about a class that is offered, does anyone have a link to when or where it is?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidesar101 View Post
Hello everyone, I am wanting to get my fertilizer, spreader
License. You all talk about a class that is offered, does anyone have a link to when or where it is?
Welcome ,

JDL I think offered one in your area about a month ago .. Check with them great class to take your core through..
Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Southside guys,

I don't know if any of you dealt with Landscaper Supply over here in Chesapeake. They were really great guys to work with but unfortunately they had to close shop last fall.

The owner Jon opened up an equipment maintenance shop down in Moyock and is really needing some work about now. He has done all my maintenance work for the last several years and is a really great guy to deal with. I thought if any of you needed any work done on your equipment maybe you'd consider giving it to him to help him out.

His names John and his number is 757-633-3033. I always drop my stuff off but I believe he'll pick up as well.

Btw, I'm not getting anything outa this. I just appreciate what he's done for me in the past.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachysLawn View Post
Hey Southside guys,

I don't know if any of you dealt with Landscaper Supply over here in Chesapeake. They were really great guys to work with but unfortunately they had to close shop last fall.

The owner Jon opened up an equipment maintenance shop down in Moyock and is really needing some work about now. He has done all my maintenance work for the last several years and is a really great guy to deal with. I thought if any of you needed any work done on your equipment maybe you'd consider giving it to him to help him out.

His names John and his number is 757-633-3033. I always drop my stuff off but I believe he'll pick up as well.

Btw, I'm not getting anything outa this. I just appreciate what he's done for me in the past.
nice of you to post that, I will also vouch for John being a great guy to deal with, and a straight shooter. For the past four years, we used Landscaper supply for almost all of our service work, and also switched from stihl to echo products when we started buying from him (with great results) Its too bad he had to close up shop. Have you been down to his new shop in NC? I know he is an exmark dealer now, which is great for us, because that is all we run.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was at his new shop once back in November. Its down a little past Border Station on the 168. It's a bit of a drive but it beats getting brushed off and spending $600 every time I drop something off for repair work at the big dealer in the area.

He is selling Exmark now which kinda sucks for me because I just bought a Gravely from him last year. Oh well, I did want to buy an Exmark 30 though.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why did he close? also l&c only rapes you with prices if don't know the right people
Stihl handhelds
texas bragg trailers.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
...also l&c only rapes you with prices if don't know the right people
If I have to know specific people within an organization to get treated fairly, I limit my patronage of that company.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachysLawn View Post
If I have to know specific people within an organization to get treated fairly, I limit my patronage of that company.
This is the reason we stopped dealing with them, also there overturn rate on mechanics and sales staff. We use bobcat of tidewater for exmark and turf and garden for walkers, and Peninsula Ace for our stihl. Every place treats us great and know my name and are always friendly.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
This is the reason we stopped dealing with them, also there overturn rate on mechanics and sales staff. We use bobcat of tidewater for exmark and turf and garden for walkers, and Peninsula Ace for our stihl. Every place treats us great and know my name and are always friendly.
I use Turf & Garden as well. Always treated well there. Don't have experience with the others you mentioned.
Posted via Mobile Device