Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-20-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Holy smoke it is awesome!

Well I went today to replace blowers and got Red Max 8500's. Wow I have used all of them and nothing is even in the ball park as these machines. I went back home and almost threw my used echoes and stihls in the highway. If you haven't tried these machines you better they are power houses....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Even better after they're broken in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2014, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Man if they get any stouter I will have to where a safety lanyard! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2014, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only prob I have with them is there so strong they will wear you down from running them... But that's a good problem to have.... Lol... They are awesome..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In my opinion you bought the best blower out there.
That's all we run. Have a great season
Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we had run the 7001's for over a decade of great zero maintenance performance with high power in a rugged peice of equipment then got a 8500 two years ago and its also great . that said i dont like the wider tube which is more difficult to control without the extended handle because i dont like the handles on tubes and remove them , but ive only medium size hands so a person with larger hands or whom uses the handles is good with it . and yes the 8500 as some more power than the 7001 but its heavier and more bulky , and for me who does alot of running with the pack on plus lifting it out of back of pick up i prefer the 7001 on a regular basis and just use the 8500 for blowing alot of grass clipping or leaves in the fall . but im only 190lbs so a bigger person might not mind the extra weight and prefer the extra power . bottom line to potential buyers is ide put both side by side and lift them and put on back a bunch of times to feel the difference , plus consider the type blowing you do majority of time because if its just light stuff on driveways / sidewalks you might like the lighter 7001 which has ide guess 85% of the 8005s power , which is still an awesome power level. but if you can only get one and do alot of leaves in the fall ide get the 8500 because believe me during leave clean ups I LOVE THE 8500 and am always thinking
to myself when blowing 'this thing is a monster'
Old 02-21-2014, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to the club. Honestly the 8500 wears my shoulders and my arm out after extended use. It is heavy but it also blows so hard the arm that handles the tube gets tired after a while. Absolutely a beast of a machine and blows our BR600 in the dust. We do use the BR600 daily to blow walks and driveways off and primarily use the 8500 for leaves in the fall. Also we are switching to all redmax equipment as things need to be replaced. Absolutely LOVE our ultra light redmax string trimmer. It is a pleasure to use every day. Been going strong for 3 years now without a single issue. We are picking another one up this spring and a new redmax hedge trimmer.

Redmax IMO makes the best 2 cycle handhelds on the market today.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 02-21-2014, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 145 pounds and love the 8500 and 7500... I just look at it as being out of shape when I get tired... It dosnt take long in leaf season for me to get in shape with them..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In a lot of instances they bridge the gap between street blower and back pack, now if I am doing big areas that do not have many cars I will take a street blower.

I bought a bunch of 8000's years ago and they saved so much time over a regular back pack it was not even close. The thing I like about them in the spring is you can blow beds out in a fraction of the time and mulch it up with no raking needed.

A street blower operated hooked up to a Z in certain situations will blow one away bad on big jobs.