Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-10-2014, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Did he completely explain the ins and outs of this to you? If he didn't, I'd ask him to.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will be scanning and sending him the mail. He said it will have codes that need to be input in a timely manner. Here is an update on what's going on.

Just to follow up, make sure you update your address with Facebook and Yelp. Iíve already updated it with Google and you should receive a confirmation code post card to your address, please send me the code and/or a scan copy when you receive it.

Johnny will be registering your site with several reputable listing directories, these may also send post cards for confirmation and/or use telephone verification. Johnny will coordinate with you as necessary.

Two other things you can do that will be helpful are:

∑ Register your business at this site (see add my business at the top) http://www.locallyaustin.org/

∑ Register as a professional at www.houzz.com and set up and build out a profile

o Here is the link for professionals to get started: https://www.houzz.com/getStartedProf

Remember to always make the Name, Address, Phone of your company exactly the same as it is on your website, and absolutely put your website address in the profiles where they allow you to.

As the site begins to be indexed by Google weíll keep you updated with ranking and traffic data.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 02-10-2014, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
When I clicked your link it went to your old website.
You probably need to refresh the cache memory on your computer.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 02-11-2014, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
You probably need to refresh the cache memory on your computer.
I never did refresh the cache, but now it's pulling up your new site. Looks good.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have registered in a bunch more places now. It's amazing all the listing companies that are out there. Some are free local organizations while many others try to get you to subscribe to fee based services.
Owner- David

Old 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just did my Wordpress tutorial online training session with Isaac of Austin Web Design (AWD). If your looking for a company that won't blow smoke where it doesn't belong I would say to give him a call. He is a very mellow guy who listens to what you have to say and doesn't try to hard sell his service.

Isaac has a handful of employees and is not some over sized generic web.com type company. I just cancelled my web.com site today. I looked high and low before deciding on AWD. He was actually referred to me by Travis at Glide Design who does more high end work. If you Google Austin web design there are over 20 pages of hits. There are so many places in the web biz that it's really hard to know who to trust.

I'm still working on the SEO part but the fact that little AWD is able to out muscle probably over 50 other Austin web companies to stay at the top of the first page of Google is a good sign. I'll keep you guys advised as my site gets indexed and let you know where I end up. It's probably going to take some time to go from a Google nobody to making a mark closer to the first page. Austin is just under a billion dollar green industry market so there is a lot of competition here. Hopefully all the content on my site will help me place better then you average site which has a fraction of the content.

There are still a few adjustment to be made to my site format but it's 99% done.
Owner- David

Old 02-22-2014, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm starting to get lawn top dressing leads from my website. If you Google "lawn top dressing austin" I'm number #1 now. If you Google "lawn composting austin" I'm at the bottom of page one. This was not a category that was heavily trafficked or hard to dominate but it's nice to start seeing progress and starting getting a return on my investment.
Owner- David

Old 02-27-2014, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just redid the top dressing page and replaced the links to YouTube with actual imbedded video. Here is the link http://plantscapesolutions.net/top-dressing/. I like it a whole lot better. There is still more SEO work in progress.
Owner- David

Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I see your Maps listing has updated to your new address. This confirms the reason Headz and I had for concern about what your SEO guy was having you do. When I asked you if he explained the ins and outs of this rental mailbox strategy to you, you replied with the directions he gave you of how to do it, not what it actually means. I would point blank ask him what the potential pitfalls are of this strategy.

If I were one of your competitors, I would be all over it. If I had a client competing in your space, you can be assured of it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing my job. For what it's worth, the first thing I have clients do is come up with a better solution than this, even if it's just switching to a service area/address hidden via your Google dashboard. It really just comes down to how much you value your Maps/Local listing.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I see your Maps listing has updated to your new address. This confirms the reason Headz and I had for concern about what your SEO guy was having you do. When I asked you if he explained the ins and outs of this rental mailbox strategy to you, you replied with the directions he gave you of how to do it, not what it actually means. I would point blank ask him what the potential pitfalls are of this strategy.
I agree Tony.

When you Google Plantscape's address (3300 Bee Caves Rd #650, Austin, TX 78746) a whole slew of other businesses pop up. If we see that, you can bet Google is seeing the same thing.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If we see that, you can bet Google is seeing the same thing.
Yep, but that's the gamble. Google has some serious issues within Maps and Local. That's well established, and can be aggravating for the legit, local companies getting squeezed out by the faux address guys. Some they catch, some they're prodded to catch, and others linger. It's a complete violation of their TOS, but it's also like speeding in your car. It's illegal, but repercussion-free, until you get caught. I've cleaned up that fall out enough to know it can be pricey and take time. If you follow the rental mailbox in every city/town scheme, it can really bite you.
Posted via Mobile Device